What if Schemes

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about a swing wing F-105? The wings and tailplanes were taken from a Su-17M Fitter and are the same scale as the Thud fuselage. No clue how the main landing gear would work, though. :D

F-105-Fitter-wings-forward.png

F-105-Fitter-wings-back.png

That is very, VERY, VERY cool. But I think that the tail planes would be a bit too small.

Edited by Otto

How about one like this? It's a Mirage F-1 in the service of the Confederate States Air Force. It is part of the Nathan B. Forrest Squadron based at Biloxi, Miss., here seen in maritime camouflage as per its primary mission of anti-ship interdiction.

Gary

F1upperviewfromrearok.jpg

Edited by GaryBrantley

Some really cool and interesting additions, Jennings, Gary and Steven ... :thumbsup:

Steven, the Hunter looks great in that era US Marines markings :thumbsup2: ...

Gary, Welcome to ARC, glad to have you here ...

:post1:

Gregg

Some really cool and interesting additions, Jennings, Gary and Steven ... :thumbsup:

Steven, the Hunter looks great in that era US Marines markings :thumbsup2: ...

Gary, Welcome to ARC, glad to have you here ...

:post1:

Gregg

Thanks Gregg! It's good to be here! I appreciate the welcome too. Gary

Edited by GaryBrantley

I'm building a what-if EC-135 that has been extensivly modified and strengthened with composites. Got rid of the bands around the fuselage, engines from the KC-135R model, new cheek fairings, new fairings on the sides and top of the fuselage, and maybe a towed array system. Maybe EC-X? Something to replace the E-8's and possibly the E-3. I would show some pics, but my camera crapped out on me a few months ago.

RYAN.