Wonderful Pictures. I think I read that the great Soviets did not copy the design of the B-29. They claimed it was their own design with many "improvements'. Our friends the Communist! As Dr. Phil would say, "how's that Communism working out for you"?

Chuck

I dont know what you think you read, but its a well known fact that Tu-4 was an exact, rivet-for-rivet copy of B-29. I'd like to see the source where that fact is refuted or denied.

Not exactly Zmey - it is an urban myth that Tupolev copied it rivet-for-rivet, down to the bullet holes!!

The Tu-4 was 'reverse-engineered', it used metric rather than imperial measurements, it had Soviet ASh-73TK radials and 20mm cannons.

It was not 'an exact copy' - it was lighter and had a better ceiling than the original.

Ken

Not exactly Zmey - it is an urban myth that Tupolev copied it rivet-for-rivet, down to the bullet holes!!

The Tu-4 was 'reverse-engineered', it used metric rather than imperial measurements, it had Soviet ASh-73TK radials and 20mm cannons.

It was not 'an exact copy' - it was lighter and had a better ceiling than the original.

Ken

Cool, thanks for clarifying it Ken. Wasnt aware of that.

Alright, decided not to start another thread and post these photos here.

When I was at Monino museum there was construction underway for some sort of event. All the evil museum ladies were distracted, so myself, Shark and Sebastijan sneaked to the graveyard in the back of the museum for a closer look.

Enjoy.

IMG_8545.jpg

IMG_8556.jpg

IMG_8559.jpg

IMG_8562.jpg

IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg

IMG_8577.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8599.jpg

IMG_8601.jpg

Edited by Zmey Smirnoff

You lucky guys! :doh:

When i was there (restaurators place actually, not graveyard) we we're ok for 20 minutes, but then the evil, cold, dark museum lady came and shouted at us, like "come away from there"

Intresting on MiG-23, is that the some texts are in english, is she an export machine that never arrived to its destination or something... errhh?

Edited by Su-34