Great pics Zmey!

I didn't get over to the dump - I was too busy doing walkrounds of the M-17 (Anigrand kit), M-55 & 3MD (Amodel).

Do you have any more pics of the M-17 in the dump - particularly cockpit shot ?? - I notice that the canopy is smashed.

I could kick myself now for not going over there.... :doh:

Ken

That graveyard was soo cool! the Evil lady was too busy ensuring a crane crew did not wreck the place up, and we were all over those birds. it was a special treat to climb inside the Hind (note: it's not as roomy inside as I had thought) and finding a MiG29 nose cone too.

Although i did bump my head on the Fulcrum display twice, haha!!!

Shark

Magnificent! Truly fantastic!

I too liked the graveyard pics - the MiG-23 and MiG-25 walkarounds kicked a**. The main exhibition is pretty familiar for every Ruskie aircraft fan but despite of that you really succeeded to take nice photos of it!

This is probably on the top of the list of places to see before I die. So many "one of a kind" aircraft in one place is just irresistible to me.

It also has the M-50 "Bounder", probably the ONLY jet aircraft I really like.

(BTW, I noticed they cut the grass.... :thumbsup: )

The graveyard photos were pretty awesome too, especially the VVA 14. It's sorta sad to see it in that state of disrepair, though.... maybe one day they'll restore it. A guy can hope, can't he?

Really good stuff. Makes me want to go even more!

Edited by Lucien Harpress

That is certainly an impressive group of hardware. Especially the experimental, one off, kind of stuff. Thanks for posting the pictures. My aircraft identification skills have deteriorated over the years, but I managed to ID most of the stuff. How about adding a quick ID label to each photo?

Darwin

Think how cool it would be to have MiG 29 nose cone in home... :D :banana:

I tried. 1. it was heavy, 2 Zmey thought customs might not let me bring it accross. I wanted to wear it as a disguise, but it was way too heavy to just wear it. all kidding aside, the MiG29 and that Hind were unforgetable.

Shark

Fantastic set of pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

One question is that a cruise missile or something like that on the first set of pics that you posted, the one with the Mig 21 in the background and have you any more pics of it.

Robert

Robert,

If its the one I think you mean, it is a Tupolev Tu-141 reconnaissance drone - check out 'Soviet/Russian Unmanned Aerial Vehicles' - Vol 20 in the 'Red Star' series

The aircraft in the background is a MiG E-166...... record breaking aircraft - like a MiG-21 on steroids.

day_06_29.jpg

More Monino pics at :- http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/visits...2005_day06.html ...

and ... http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/flanke...2006_day02.html

Ken

Nice, i wonder whats that thing under the cockpit, anyone?

some kind of telescopic covering over the hatch to the cockpit. guess it enables access to the cargo carried in flight or something.

IMG_0002.jpg

Great photos...

Btw, about the english stencils on the MiG-23, maybe the plane comes from another exhibit and the stencils were meant for the visitors. Otherwise, why would you have to tell a crewmember that he doesn't have to stay under the ordnance?