Robotech headed for big screen?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm Ghost in the shell, for Motoko you need someone who not only looks the part but also can kick serious arse. My vote would go for Ziyi Zhang of house of flying daggers fame.

Now for my all time favorite anime ever, macross. The thought of seeing a hollywood version fills me with trepidation to say the least but if it is done hopefully they'll keep the storyline key and not make it into another mecha brawl movie.

Anyhow here are my suggested cast members:

Roy Fokker: Sean Bean or Viggo Mortenson, both have the right look about them.

Hikaru: Shin Koyamada

Max: Ian Somerhalder

Hayao Kakizaki: Jason Bateman

Lynn Minmay: Koyuki or Vanessa Anne Hudgens (she has the right look imho, probably get slated for it though)

Misa Hayes: Evangeline Lily

Global: Tom Skerritt or better yet as russian guy that looks like Skerritt.

Clan invasion as the first movie?

What about just before that with maybe the Dragoons or the beginning of the Grey Death Legion?

The clans can show up in the second film with the Dragoons announcement of their origins.

Any of the B-tech trillogies would make for good movie material:

the "Blood of Kerensky" series (probably best compromise for pre-clan/post clan fans)

the "Legend of Jade Phoenix" series (most self-contained story, requiring the least amount of development/loose ends to tie up)

the "Warrior" series (a little more talk and a lot less action, but still good)

Macross always was and always will be my favorite anime series (I've grown out of anime for the most part, so I don't think that position is in any danger). I will admit that there is a possible "right" way to do this movie, but there's also a million and one WRONG ways to do it... it's hard not to look at this project and KNOW that my childhood is about to get r-aped. :banana:

Edited by Skull Leader
Clan invasion as the first movie?

What about just before that with maybe the Dragoons or the beginning of the Grey Death Legion?

The clans can show up in the second film with the Dragoons announcement of their origins.

Any would do. I started playing Battletech back in the very early early days and my preference in 3025 era. So Grey Death or Wolf's Dragoons would be good. Perhaps even the Kell Hounds. (Particularly the Warrior trilogy story line that Skull mentions above would be good).

:banana:

MikeJ

Hmm Ghost in the shell, for Motoko you need someone who not only looks the part but also can kick serious arse. My vote would go for Ziyi Zhang of house of flying daggers fame.

She's is not actually a trained martial artist. And while she can be a center of attention, she doesn't have that commanding presence. I still maintain GitS needs an all-Japanese cast.