Here is my wip...

The cockpit, to be touched up:

marinesIMG_4296.jpg

Please, don't be a tail sitter !

marinesIMG_4298.jpg

I love the builds you guys are posting in this beautiful thread...keep up the great work!

i think that'll keep her from sitting down on the job! :thumbsup: nice work!

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys! Rampage55, I first painted it with Tamiya aluminium, then I gave it an overall coat with Lifecolor Glossy sea blue...I was going to chip it by removing some of the paint using Tamiya tape, or other tapes...the way I do with gunze and tamiya paints...It didnt work with Lifecolor, the cured paint is very hard, and even removing it by using a blade proved too difficult and time consuming. So, I did most of the chipping by using a sponge, this was a first for me. Now, back to the build, only a few hours left !!!

Very interesting. I never thought of using a sponge for that. I've used a sponge to do dark green mottling on the side of a Me-109E, but I never thought of using it to simulate chipped paint. Well done! :unsure:

Semper Fi,

;)

Ok didn't quite did it.

I need to touch up the paint job. Need to fix the canopy. Need to touch up and glue the payload. Need to finish the weathering and seal the aircraft with a gloss or semigloss overall coat. Need to fix a main gear wheel, too. Perhaps this great GB (my first one) made me really understand how little precious free time I have for our hobby. Never mind. Here are a few pics:

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4370.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

I don't know if I can post it among the completed builds. Please Mods, let me know.

Gentlemen, it has been a real pleasure.

Semper Fi :D

Hi all. Early this morning I managed to get some more work done on the kit. I fixed the canopy in place, glued the payload, did some touch up on paint job. Now I must leave, so the final weathering and overall gloss finish will be applied next week, but I say: ...this is finished :-)

Pics:

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

Thanks for looking!