Tamiya's 100th - the Storch

So many people seem so disappointed with this announcement. I'm not thrilled about it, nor am I disappointed. I would have rather it been a new F-14D, but... I will buy at least one, and build it, and enjoy the build. I will more than likely buy their 103, and 104th release too. Other companies can stick their neck out and tool up the Wounded Wing P-13.2.

Ron

I'm excited about it. The Storch was a very successsful design with ton's of markings options. German, Italian, French, Vietnamese, plus some allied markings too I believe. We have the old Esci kit now right? Tamiya is assured to do this one state of the art with all the bells and whistles. As long as its not 50 bucks I'll buy one.

I'd also be excited to see a new tool Grasshopper, Lysander, and Stinson too. We need more utility type a/c to model. Not everything goes 400 mph and shoots .50 calibers.

I'm excited about it. The Storch was a very successsful design with ton's of markings options. German, Italian, French, Vietnamese, plus some allied markings too I believe. We have the old Esci kit now right? Tamiya is assured to do this one state of the art with all the bells and whistles. As long as its not 50 bucks I'll buy one.

I'd also be excited to see a new tool Grasshopper, Lysander, and Stinson too. We need more utility type a/c to model. Not everything goes 400 mph and shoots .50 calibers.

This is in 48th, yes? Because I thought Hasegawa had already done the definitive model of the Storch in 32nd (it's old but it's still quite competitive, least seems to be.)

Patrick

Yeah, I was talkin 48th scale. There a several kits of those I mentioned in other scales. I've been reading the other boards today and can't believe all the negative comments on it so far. I'll just have to buy two Storch's I guess.

I am not crazy about it but only because i have the ESCI kit plus brass and a resin Cutting Edge engine set done by Scotty Battistoni while he was at Meteor Productions.

I do have all of Mike Grant's decal sheets too.

I will probably buy the Tamiya kit if it is substanially better.

joe.

I'm not excited about this one either, perhaps mostly because we all expected something more "big" or "splashy". I have nothing against observation planes, and have built quite a few, but for a release like this it seems underwhelming. Anyone know what the projected cost is? Tamiya kits seem to have jumped in price.

:D

Mike

I am ok with the Storch, though maybe not to commemorate something significant like their 100th kit. Why not do something a little more, well, flamboyant for their 100th, then do the Storch after. Its a cool little plane, and as long as it isnt overpriced, Ill get one im sure, maybe do some tropical markings.

• 3 weeks later...