Father Of All Bombs

1209-russia.jpg

Link 1

Reuters vid ( first 20 sec of it) is guaranteed to satisfy

Telegraph is being a drama queen as usual, but entertaining

Post more vids and pic if you see them - with (alleged) less mass, four times the power and twice the range FOAB is a curious development to say the least. Wonder if it will fit into a Tu-95MS... muahahaha! :D

Keep it civil, folks.

Z.

Nope - GDOAB. Grand Daddy Of All Bombs. The Uncle Of All Bombs was tried out, but it was a deadbeat.

I understand that we, in Britain, will soon aquire `The Wayward Young Nephew Of All Bombs` that only works for two months of the year and demands lots of money from it`s folks. :lol:

Cheers, Ian

In a related report, German scientists announced they had completed development of the "Mother-In-Law of All Bombs," developped in secret based on early intelligence reporting of the FOAB.

The MILOAB reportedly will reduce the FOAB to a withered 'piff' that shrinks away faster than a fart in the wind.

As humorous as all these nicknames are, I do have to wonder if the Russians can't manage to come up with their own nickname for the weapon, rather than trying to one up the US by essentially copying the MOAB moniker.

Of course, arguably, both the US and Russia should be paying royalties to Saddam's family for coining the "Mother of All ________" catch phrase.

Technically, its Massive Ordnance Air Blast...having worked with them, I'm sure it was some snickering, geeky weapons engineer who worked out the alternate nickname. He probably did that first, then worked out a "real" designation for the weapon.

was probably conceived on a similar line on how the bomb operates, being a Fuel Ordinance Air Burst device :wub: im sure we will get a technical designation in time :)

ever wanted the same device, but the Tu-160 wont fit in the garage, dont worry! we have you covered!

RPO-A Shmel/Bumblebee aka neibour-be-gonner :woot.gif:

rpo1.jpg

9 out of 10 chechen's CAN tell the difference :worship:

Edited by Raymond