Father Of All Bombs

Sorry I can't see youtube stuff here at work....

Is that basically a shoulder fired FAE weapon?, wonder when Javelin or one of the other US weapons will have a thermobaric warhead.

Also hasn't the Russian Army fielded a fuel air explosive version of a MLRS roacket that was used in Chechenia?

Matt

I wonder how long until Mac on Futureweapons gets his hands on this doodad!

The real designation of the bomb is still unknown. I'm pretty sure it will be boring ODAB-7100 (or whatever the real weight is). FOAB thing is mostly for the media.

The FAE MLRS is called "Buratino" (pinochio) and was used several times in Chechnya with great success.

They should really call this bomb Father Geppetto (Papa Karlo) since its definitely the big daddy of Buratino.

RPO-A Shmel/Bumblebee aka neibour-be-gonner :worship:

What the eff? :rofl: Guaranteed to make a lasting impression on the neighbours, innit?

Florida is traditional Russian testing grounds. Ever since we took over Georgia and built a military base in the capital city of Tbilanta.

:D

For the benefit of our confused American cousins, some of the references on this thread are not meant to offend but are actually about a third-rate English soccer team, owned by a Russian billionare, and who`s success` on the field does not warrant the multi-millions flung at their tired old bunch of under-achieving European has-beens. (no offence meant Chelski fans :D )

Cheers, Ian

For the benefit of our confused American cousins, some of the references on this thread are not meant to offend but are actually about a third-rate English soccer team, owned by a Russian billionare, and who`s success` on the field does not warrant the multi-millions flung at their tired old bunch of under-achieving European has-beens. (no offence meant Chelski fans :D )

Cheers, Ian

Aye.

Sorry I can't see youtube stuff here at work....

Is that basically a shoulder fired FAE weapon?, wonder when Javelin or one of the other US weapons will have a thermobaric warhead.

Matt,

The AGM-114N Hellfire carries a thermobaric warhead. Really great for taking out caves.

Jon

Cheers, Ian

My post above may have confused also - 'twas reference to a great British Film, starring a great British actor with a great (stage) name :coolio:

Florida is traditional Russian testing grounds. Ever since we took over Georgia and built a military base in the capital city of Tbilanta.

No way, silly.

Everyone knows we're the southernmost Canadian province, judging by all the all the people walking around going "nice hoose you have, eh?" and flying maple leaf flags in their yards. Orlando was signed over as an English tourist destination.

Not that I'm complaining, they often bring over nice looking girls, though I'm still waiting for Lucy Pinder to show up.

:D

-Mike