2007 Oceana Air Show Report

Wow. Those pictures are so sharp they almost cut me! Awesome pictures.

PilotWave-5.jpg

There was a thread a long time ago with this guy in it and I think there was a link to an article. I remember because of his hilarious name. I think he was the one that flew the Tomcat down here to the museum. Anybody remember?

Matt

Edited by hazmatt

Great shots as always Dave, Love the sunset shots and the angle you got from where you were located ...

Interesting to see the Blue Jet #7 in the right wing position, must be giving the new pilot for next season orientation flights ...

Thanks for sharing !

Gregg

Wow nice! Were you in the $50 chalet or in the bleachers area?

No chalets for me, I shot the show from behind the crowd line. I was invirted to a chalet by a member of the Navy League and spent about half an hour there where I shot close ups of BA #1. The grass at the north end is best. When you do the math, an aircraft doing a banana pass is closest to the crowd line at the corners and furthest away at show center. For a couple of the passes, I had to scramble to switch to a smaller lens so I could fit the aircraft in as they came screaming around the corner.

Cheers,

Dave

Awesome shots Dave....thanks for posting. If you don't mind me asking.... Are you selling these images,or just shooting for your own collection?

I sell images, lots and lots of images so I can stay retired. I burn DVDs too. If you need photos, slides, digital images, CDs or DVDs just send me a PM.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Sig Saur & Son