1:72 F-4E Decal Question

The Fujimi Kit G-5 (F-4E Phantom II "Mustang") includes decals for 68-0493 which has PN tailcode and sharkmouth. The decals for the TFW patch look like the 3rd TFW.

However, the instructions list this aircraft as 388TFW / 43TFS ???

I hope that helped,

Dennis

I seem to recall at least one sheet from Superscale, but might be very old now. I had a 1/72 Superscale sheet with several Philippine based birds, but I gave it away, as I less often build 1/72nd scale, and I have a similar sheet in 1/48th.

Scott Van Aken, over at Modelingmadness.com records one such sheet, although I seem to remember having a different one. Maybe that's it after all. Aaanyway, you might be looking for at least one old Superscale sheet for your needs.

I thought the 90th TFS flew onlt F-4G's??

If that's the case, maybe that was the Hasegawa kit I'm thinking of. Nope, I was thinking of this kit:

F-4E 4106 (110 TFS, 141 TFS, 3 TFW)

Edited by Trigger
Didn't a Hasegawa or Fujimi F-4E kit include markings for the 90th TFS when they were based at Clark AFB? Or are there any AM options?

Microscale sheet 72-371 featured markings for F-4E 80-312 of the 90th TFS, 3rd TFW, when it was the wing commander's aircraft. Good luck finding one of these sheets though.

The Esci F-4E kit featured the same markings on its decal sheet.

--

Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Thanks Enzo. I found that Esci kit on eBay this morning and was debating purchasing it. I wasn't sure of the markings. Now I'm thinking of matching it's decals with a Hasegawa kit.

Edited by Trigger
Thanks Enzo. I found that Esci kit on eBay this morning and was debating purchasing it. I wasn't sure of the markings. Now I'm thinking of matching it's decals with a Hasegawa kit.

Trigger, please check your email. If it doesn't come through, please email me at enzo55@hotmail.com

--

Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

I thought the 90th TFS flew onlt F-4G's?? Aeromaster did a sheet of Clark Phantoms in 48th....maybe they did the same in 72nd....worth looking into.

The 90th flew the hunter killer concept of the F-4G/F-4E which was then adopted by the 52TFW. Most of the pics of 90TFS F-4Es are in SEA Camo.

Trigger, before you go nuts trying to get the kit or decals, let me take a look in the stash when I get home from the office tonight. I'm pretty sure I've got the AMT/Ertl kit in question and your're welcome to the sheet if it has the markings you need as I would likely build it in a West German splinter scheme anyway. Otherwise, Lord knows I've got enough decal sheets for Phantoms.

Okay, so.....

I have a 1/72 Testors/Italeri F-4E/F/G kit which has markings for 90TFS, 3TFW at Clark AFB circa 1978 and an F-4G of 90TFS at Clark circa 1980.

I also have the aforementioned ESCI/Ertl kit which has markings the instructions have listed as 3TFS, 3TFW at Clark.

Take your pick of sheets Trigger, and shoot me a PM and they're yours.

Edited by JasonW
It didn't get through. Can you resend?

Yes, message sent.

Trigger:

Hope this helps.

Mark

Thanks Mark, it does. I also was fortunate enough to find a decent variety of pix last night that I'll post later. I've got two offers for decals and I'm tracking down a kit (looking locally first before branching out)