1/48 Eduard Avia B-534 Series III

Hey Guys

Just a few photos of my current project, Eduards 1/48 Avia B-534.

The cockpit:

dsc7018sg0.jpg

dsc7022gg6.jpg

dsc7023va5.jpg

The port side trim wheel needs tidying up but other than that the sides are done.

The Cockpit floor and seat waiting for a coat of Alclad:

dsc7021dv7.jpg

The more observant on the board will notice that the stick is deflected forwards at a funny angle, this is to match the droop of the elevators when the aircraft is parked. This was simply done by giving it a small dollop of glue for it to rest on, the cockpit opening is so small that you can't see the bottom of the stick...

Eventually it will be in the quite colourful scheme of No.2 Air Regiment, 51st Fighter Flight stationed in Olomouc, Czechoslovakia in May 1937.

schemedm1.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

Nice. Be careful about the fit of the top decking.

Just about to bite the bullet and start rigging my first one (Ive two more 534s the stash and plans for at least one on top of that).

Nice. Be careful about the fit of the top decking.

Just about to bite the bullet and start rigging my first one (Ive two more 534s the stash and plans for at least one on top of that).

Just found that out the hard way.... need six hand, ultra bendy glue and the patience of a saint.... (may be mostly my ineptitude talking though... ;-) )

Jamie

Not so, it's not easy to get right. I decided to live with a bit of a step that fortunately sits on the metal/fabric boundary.

At least the IV serie has the "razorback" integral, with only the upper cowling separate.

BTW, I didn't bother with the etched brass rigging turnbuckles - a detail too far for my hamfisted "I-really-prefer-the-painting-and-absolutely-hate-etched-brass" approach to modelling.

A few more shots:

The cockpit just before closing the fuselage...

dsc7028jx1.jpg

The fuse was an absolute six hander bear of a job, involving much jimmying it open in parts with a stanley knife after it sunk whilst the glue dried... Well I feel an absolute muppet....

But the fuse is together, the elevators are white glued on and the lower wings are ready...

dsc7032pd0.jpg

A coat of primer to check seams next...

Cheers

Jamie