Tomcat landing in Singapore back in 70s

Hi guys,

I've heard from some people here in Singapore that an F-14A Tomcat belonging to VF-84 made an emergency landing at Paya Lebar airport in Singapore way back in the mid-70s. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

Mark

Singapore

Edited by gb_madcat_sl

Spongebob is correct...almost. The Tomcat was from VF-213, "Lion 205," (aircrew names withheld to protect the usual suspects), but it happened on 29 June 1991. Dave Brown can probably post an inflight shot of Lion 205...

r/ M'Dog

Edited by M'Dog

F-14Anh-205VF-213damage-a.jpg

This is F-14A 159832 following a collision with 161597 on 29 June 1991. The crew of 161597, Lt. R. Maddock and Lt. T. Taqylor, ejected safely. As for 159832, it lingered at the FAWPRA Cubi Point until 1994 when it was striken. The official strike records show it as striken at Atsugi Japan 22 Feb 1994. It did divert to Singapore and word has it later craned aboard the Indy. I have a complete debrief but can't share it, you'll have to buy my next Tomcat book.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
Well....there was this time when Kurt Douglas was the air wing commander.........Certain storm at sea. :coolio: They were "in the Pacific" on Dec 6 1941............. :whistle:

Shawn, Mr. Douglas was the Captain, James Farentino played the CAG that got left behind ... :salute:

Gregg

Shawn, Mr. Douglas was the Captain, James Farentino played the CAG that got left behind ... :D

Gregg

I thought it was really awesome when that SH-3 Seaking took off from in front of hangar 100 at Oceana and flew all the way to the Nimitz out in the Pacific.

Final-Countdown.jpg

Edited by Sig Saur & Son