Thunderbirds... Hawaii Bound!

Aloha folks,

Been waiting for this over 14 years now... Finally refueled the Thunderbirds. They're performing here in the islands this weekend and we were lucky enough to pick up the mission. It was actually kind of tough, not the actual AAR but competing for window space with all the press folks on board for the flight. I did manage a few images; the Thunderbirds were more than willing to please, even after a 6 hour flight. Anyhow here a couple of quickies, sorry about the somewhat "static" nature of the shots!!! :lol:

Ahui hou :cheers:

Mark

The Solo's #5 & #6

IMG_5223zcopy.jpg

Lead, Thunderbird #1

IMG_5195zcopy.jpg

What everyone else said.... :woot.gif:

With the team flyin' clean jets on a long over-water haul, the question that begs askin' is how far out did ya have to meet 'em so they had enough legs to make the islands? Were they handed-off to ya from a mainland tanker crew at some point?

Edited by SimFixer

Lead, Thunderbird #1

IMG_5195zcopy.jpg

I can't stop looking at this one. It could easily be an official publicity shot or the box top of a kit. Do you sell prints?

-Mike

I second that comment..... :coolio: I shoulda been a Boomer in the AF...

Edited by Scot M
I second that comment..... :doh: I shoulda been a Boomer in the AF...
I know if were to do it all over again.....

OK...so I was inspired:

(set to the melody of Dos Gringos' "I Wish I Had A Gun Just Like The A-10"....)

Ohhhhhhh.. I wish I had a job just like a Boomer

Passin' JP to all kinds a'zoomers

Before our best go kick some @$$

They'd all come to me for my tanker gas

I wish I had a job just like a Boomer

:D

Thank ya...thank ya...I'm here all week. (and if Dos Gringos is readin' this, PM me if ya wanna use it... :rofl: )

Edited by SimFixer

Mahalo everyone, appreciate the kind words as always :crying2: I'll try to get a couple of additional images up in the next day or so, again a big thank you from Hawaii :D

Jeff,

I will be up your way soon... I'll PM you a little later with the details.

Colin K,

Pretty sure they're gonna fly with all those scratches, some look like they’d been there for awhile. Pretty sure I didn't add any new ones but you never now! ;) I do have an upper TACAN kill already... It was an Osan bird that suffered that attack (years ago) :doh:

Mahalo guys :crying2:

Mark

Edited by Buck