Su-11 'Fishpot-C' - update 3rd Feb '08

OK I managed to glue the fuselage halves together. The joints will require some attention but nothing serious I guess... since I had the barrel together I want to see how it looks with wings attached. So I dryfitted the wings and the tail and to my surprise, the wings fit almost perfect while the tail has a wide gap at the root in front and will have to be filled with styrene and putty...

5.jpg

Sebastijan ? Did you do any progress ? I've pasted the wings on my su-9 and the fit isn't too bad but filling is needed on the underside. Take care that the stabilators are at the same height on the fuselage !

Edited by Laurent

Hi Laurent - the fit of the wings to the fuselage is almost excellent... However this kit suffers the same problem as Su-9 - wing halves are too thick and will have to be sanded... No real progress on the kit though... I am puttying and sanding the fuselage halves now, almost at the end actually, then I'll get on with the wings and tail...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess mine is at a similar stage with everything attached and sanded smooth except the canopy glued. I was waiting to see if someone has any spare Reheat data placards for me to buy as I cannot find that Reheat sheet anymore, nor do I have any instrument side console decals left anymore. :(

My Su-11 would be a show stopper when done! :D

Btw. So far Great job Sebastien! How did you like sanding the innards of those wing tops so that the bottom halves fit together??? :lol:

This A-model is still in the dark ages man! :angry:

Also if there is one last wish of mine from A-model it is for them to do a very nice Tu-22 Blinder.

10.jpg

actually it looks so good to me in this gloss black primer, I'd leave it as it is :thumbsup:

cockpit fit was quite ok... no big problems there, just a small gap on the right side which was easily filled with clearfix...

Edited by Sebastijan

Today I was playing with small things on my Sukhoi. the exhaust part was painted dark alumuinium but the paint was too contrast to white aluminium, so I toned it down... I painted steel the whole array of small panels along the fuselage and wings, the intake lip with a bit darker shade of aluminium... and dark green the radome, the top of the tail and a small circle behind the canopy...

next step: Decalling!

12.jpg