Strange Contrails Over Central Nevada

Are you serious? All I get is a Universal Studios roller coaster on my street. :D

Matt

Yup...serious. On a launch day, I can flip on my scanner, listen to the countdown, and go outside at like T-minus 30 seconds and watch the launch or if I want to, I'll go out to the place where the security forces blocks off the road on base and watch. Closest I've been is about 3.5 miles from the launch (a Titan IV launch a few years back.)

Speaking of which, we've got a launch coming up here Tuesday, unless of course it gets delayed, which isn't uncommon (the uncommon thing is actually having a launch that doesn't get delayed by a few days.). I remember a Delta launch a long time ago...it was supposed to launch at like 0200, and I decided to get up and watch. It got delayed 12(!) straight times. Yes, that's 12 straight days of getting up at that ungodly hour, then going back to bed and not being able to get back to sleep :D.

Ha, ha, ha! Why don't you just ask the 2 dudes wearing tux's that are gonna come knocking on your door in a day or 2 asking - "Sir, were you driving a 2005 model, Boeing Seven-Thurty-Seven at 34'000ft a couple o' days ago while we testing our hypersonic, plasma-drive laser delivery platform?"...........

............ And before you can move your lips, BLAM - straight jacket, white van and off to the funny farm for you!!!

:D

Eng

P.S Living not to far from Machrahannish, on the west coast of Scotland, I've also seen contrails being generated that made me think - What the f***!!!!