For those who like the F-117 and F-22

That's a terrific find Slick, thanks for posting it up.

On a nerdy, modeller tack, what's with the different canopy colours on the Raptors? I guess it's to do with the coating but why are n't they the same?

Also, the reflections on the Nighthawk canopies are different colours too.

There's alot of great detail for us modellers on this sort of piccie.

:tumble:

It looks shopped to me as well. There are just some subtle things on it that scream Photoshop for some reason (such as all four F-117s being in EXACTLY the same bank angle and viewed exactly the same way by the camera and the two Raptors doing the same thing). Some changes were made to the canopies and some of the small markings to make them look different, but the planes look too much the same for this to be natural. You will also note that none of the planes are casting shadows on one another either. As close as they are, there should be a shadow on being cast on at least a part of one plane by another if this is a real picture.

Edited by Jay Chladek

Personally I dont think its shopped.

1. a.net guys are REALLY good at rejecting PSed photos.

2. planes are sufficiently different from each other

3. Most importantly, this kind of formation is very American thing to do. They'll stack everything they got: planes, ships, ship'n'planes and sailors on deck to make a cool picture.

Z.

Cool shot! But...

It certainly looks like it would be PSed. That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the photo. Just wouldn't dare to say it until after someone else had pointed it out...

I know Airliners.net has rather strict quality control on photos, so that's why it could be real too.

. That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the photo. Just wouldn't dare to say it until after someone else had pointed it out...

:thumbsup::cheers: C'mon now! Thats not very janman-like.

---------------------

"The F-22 stopped getting the gold tinted canopies after frame 20."

Do you know why?

Z.

is it me or does that picture looked 'shopped?.... maybe it's just me... :blink:

Ming - I thought that at first too and I had to look carefully at the aircraft; the panel lines on the Stinkbugs in particular. And the photographer has other shots of Raptors (01) (02) and Stinkbugs allegedly shot that same day that aren't questionable as to if they're Photoshopped (btw - did you heard where Adobe wants us to stop using that as a verb? Yeah, right. BTW - CS3 is going to rock! We had a rep from Adobe in town last weekend giving us the rundown on what's new and I'm going to start saving up to buy it.). It's possible that it could be a composite of several photos, but you probably know how hard it can be to find four such individual shots that are at the same angle, perspective and lighting.

Edited by Trigger

There are a number of points of comparison in this photo to give it credibility. First, you can see differences in the camo pattern on both Raptors, as well as the difference in tint on the canopies (probably just the way the light is hitting them, as I would assume that the canopy tint on all Raptors is the same or very similar. Then, if you look back at the -117s, you can see not only differences in the panel lines, but also the differences in refraction (color changes) on the canopies and FLIR windows. There are lots of other clues in the photos, but these are just the main ones.

Not saying that it's completely out of the realm of possibility, but I tend to doubt that it's a fake. If it is a Photoshop job, someone obviously went to a lot of time and trouble to carry it off.

... allegedly shot that same day that aren't questionable as to if they're Photoshopped (btw - did you heard where Adobe wants us to stop using that as a verb? Yeah, right.

What was that Grant ? I was just making a "xerox' of the picture ... :blink:

Gregg