MaRiO's CHEYENNE 400 - Piper PA-42-1000

Everybody's got a favorite aircraft. Hornets, Spits, Cats, Phantoms, Scooters, you name it. However, not many of us get the chance to fly in our favorite bird. However, what if your favorite bird was something you could ride in? This is my case. First time I saw a Cheyenne was when I was about 4. Dad flew a Navajo, then a Cheyenne II, and I found out there was a III and a IV. Talk about love at first sight. Pretty much what happened when I first saw a Corsair. The diference is that Cheyennes are within reach of me flying one some day. That's why it is my Dream bird.

Anyway, for those of you that don't know what a Cheyenne III / IV is, here's a linkto a pic.

The PA-42 is the evolution of the evolution of the Navajo. The PA-31 is an Iron workhorse in GA, one of the most successfull twin engine aircraft of all time. The natural evolution of the Navajo is turbopropped, named the Cheyenne I and II. The natural evolution of the Cheyenne II is the larger Cheyenne III and IV. The IV is known as the Cheyenne 400.

I spent YEARS looking for a kit of either Navajos or Cheyennes, but I NEVER found one. I found a Flight Simulator 2004 Cheyenne, and I fly it regularly. I was chatting with Seiran one day, and I told him I wish there was one, and he said check this out...

OMG, A CHEYENNE KIT!! I didn't care it cost over bucks, I HAD to get it. FINALLY! I was warned: This is a Resin kit, with a Vacuform top Fuselage. I said I'll buy it and build it later... AHA, YEAH RIGHT.

I started by the regular resin washing procedure, as well dry fitting and trimming the interior parts - seats, divisions, and instrument panel. The Interior is OK, but I can improve it. I scratch built the Couch, and added the cabin ilumination panels on top. I'll ad the AC vents later.

Anyways, enough text. Here are some Pics!!!

DSCF1358.jpg

DSCF1359.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1362.jpg

Thanks for your comments

Take Care

Thanks guys, thanks Jamie.

Update. Seatbelts were made out of tamiya tape. I added a suit hanger added on the back.

DSCF1363.jpg

After work was done on the seatbelts, I saw the Insturment Panel was about the size of my Cessna's, so it was déjavu...

DSCF1367.jpg

Anyways, after some fitting, this is what I've got right now. Since this Panel isn't thin, I'll probably make it a decal or something, I don't know yet. All I know is that I'll make it look good :) ;)

DSCF1366.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

Take Care

Ah the Cheyenne! it's a very nice looking plane.

It's comming alot great Mario!

They are like 5 in the Mariano Escobedo Airport :D

NI de pedo! Hay 3 en Monterrey ;) los tengo bien caladitos, ni creas eh!! jajajaj

ALomejor de visita, pero apoco no son sexys? :)

Take Care

Hey guys

I'ts been a while from my last post, and almost a week of continuous late night work (hey, I love this bird too much to leave it around). Every now and then I came over to the hobby room and filled, sanded, filled, sanded the vacuform top fuselage with the rest of it.

Today, I've added the Tail and that should be it for today.

After four long sessions of about 3 hours each, I've finally made it. It is soooo smoth you can see it. Thank god for Mr. Surfacer!! anyways, here are some pics.

I separated the Garret engines from the wings, since I noticed the Intakes were missing. I got out a 500 lb bomb from a 1/48 spitfire I had laying round and I shaped it into an intake... looks ok to me, I'll have to sand this baby too, but nothing too serious.

Pics

01050003.jpg

01050006.jpg

01050007.jpg

It is starting to look like a Cheyenne!!!! :doh:

Thanks again

Take Care

Thanks guys

Update, I removed the landing gear from the resin casting, and I've painted it white. I'm not sure this skinny landing gear will be able to hold the model up, so I'll probably reenforce it with nails. Even though the Legs already have one inside, I'm not totally convinced.

Anyways, that and some filling for the added Engine Intake for the Props.... Pics!

01060003.jpg

Also, the MLG doors are closed at all times except extension / retraction of the Landing gear. Therefore, I added them. I also painted the wheel bay white to archieve an even look.

01060004.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

Take Care