Terre Haute Airshow (HUF) Photos

Pretty bad when you live only three miles from the airport and can't go <_< Did watch the F-15 demo from afar here in town and when I got home from work we had some of the helicopters and prop jobs buzz the ol' homestead.My daughter(who worked the airshow)and my son were out at the airshow so I'll snag thier pics and see what they had out there.On Sunday I had to meet with the contractor that is going to build our new bridge ;)

Did the F-104 team show?I figured I would have seen/heard them but I didn't here the whine of a J-79 from the house.

Outstanding pics! :woot.gif:

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

I wasn't there, but my understanding is that the Starfighters F-104 team had to cancel (as they did earlier with the Toronto show). I do know they took Terra Haute off the schedule on their website. Hopefully they'll get their 3-ship routine going in one of the remaining shows this year.

Thanks guys. When I heard about the helicopter - fixed wing transfer, I thought 'oh big deal, another silly wing walking stunt'. I wasn't even planning on taking photo's of it until I saw the chopper basically landing on top of the stearman. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the two were actually making contact in that photo. It took them several passes to get the transfer right, and after that one the chopper pilot waved off and had the wing walker inspect the top of the wing for damage. They finally got it on the next pass. It was pretty cool and all but I'd really rather not see anybody get hurt.

ChernayaAkula: That was my favorite shot too, totally on accident. I was trying to take detail shots of the whole jet and ended up snapping one off at just the right time.

PhantomTwo: The F-104's were a no show, the rumor is that there is some inspection due on their ejection systems and they are having trouble getting it complied with.