RAF Conningsby

Hi all

Thought i would finish off with these last few from RAF Conningsby.

_MG_3762.jpg

_MG_5929.jpg

_MG_6023.jpg

_MG_6914.jpg

_MG_6513.jpg

_MG_6447.jpg

_MG_6696-1.jpg

_MG_6705-1.jpg

_MG_5960.jpg

Now with this last picture there is a story behind it,here goes and its true.There we where sitting at the end of the runway about 60 or so feet from the piano keys when i decided to take off the jacket i was wearing and throw it into the boot of my car,nothing unusual there,until i remembered in a fraction of a second that my car keys where in the pocket.Well the boot lid went klunk and the bloody car locked itself! OH Dear.Now my mate started to laugh as we had no spare key and i was well and truley stuck,so he said am i with the AA no i wasn't so to cut to the point i had to join to which the RAF personel on base came over and asked us to move as there was two typhoons comming in to land and they where going to be at a height of around 30ft,well they came in alright and i think they where a tad lower than 30ft,this was the shot i got of the first one and i was damed if i was hanging around for the second.All i could do was hope and pray my car did not get blown over into the field on the other side of the road.End result this pic plus a £117.00 joining fee for the AA to come break into the car so as i could go home.

_MG_6808.jpg

Cheers for all the interest Clive.

I like that head on shot.

Wonderful pictures again.

Can't wait to see a few more squadrons with Typhoons. Pity there is not a 'showbird' for each squadron, like the USN. That would be an interesting scheme.

More squadrons should be getting them next year, 6 sqdn (and hopefully 43 & 111 :) ) is to

move to RAF Leuchars. As next year is the 90th anniversary of the RAF we will hopefully see some

with special marks.

--------------------