Pics of Su-27 visiting Norway a few years back

Looking through my album for more stuff to show you guys I came across these pics. They were taken in Bodø back in October 2003.

The camera was a Canon S40 and the result was limited in the winter darkness above the Arctic Circle. Not to mention the freezing wind...

Notice the hand painted finish of the radome.

1su27nose.jpg

3fdf4cb9.jpg

379e2f39.jpg

830245e4.jpg

c5fed2c1.jpg

a32667c3.jpg

Edited by atckyrre

I wonder if the "Flying Tigers" knew what they started when they first painted a sharkmouth on a P-40? Isn't it amazing how that cargo bird strangely resembles a C-141 :worship:

Edited by PhantomPhoenix
I wonder if the "Flying Tigers" knew what they started when they first painted a sharkmouth on a P-40? Isn't it amazing how that cargo bird strangely resembles a C-141 :whistle:

Actually it wasn't the Flying Tigers that started it. According to some sources they picked it up from RAF 112 Sqn in Africa, who in turn might have picked it up from German Me110 fighters.

Doesn't matter. Glad the pics are appreciated.

K

I wonder if the "Flying Tigers" knew what they started when they first painted a sharkmouth on a P-40?

There was a show on the other day about the AVG and they were interviewing a surviving AVG member who specifically said that they got the idea for shark mouths from magazine pictures of "Australian planes" that they thought looked cool.

Love those Lipetsk Su-27s in single-color camo. I'm building red 01 right now from Hase kit. I wasnt thrilled when they were repainted back.

Thanks for sharing those pic. I have more pics from that visit where 27s are parked next to F-16s... but as you can see my photobucket account has crapped out till the 3rd of next month :banana:

Regards

Z.

Isn't it amazing how that cargo bird strangely resembles a C-141 ;)

Isn't it amazing how that cargo bird strangely resembles your average cargo plane with it's high-mounted wing and loading ramp at the back end. :D