Trumpeter 1/32 F-100...

Edit #2: It's now for sale!

Cost is $8 + S&H

Place your order at www.Zactomodels.com

Comparison1.jpg

Edit: I screwed up the pattern. :unsure: There will be no seamless intake...

Aires is releasing a gear well set so I probably won't be issueing those parts either.

Instead I am just going to release a piece to correct the intake shape:

IntakeFix1.jpg

It will require that you remove the forward fuselage and trim the ducting pieces to fit.

IntakeFix2.jpg

I'll be pouring a mold and test fitting the castings in the coming days.

More posts to follow...

F-100intake.jpg

Seamless intake anyone?

Though the original kit intake shape wasn't terrible, it was slightly off. Out comes the bic lighter and bondo!

I've also added the missing internal radar hump.

F-100nosebay01.jpg

Nose gear well details are coming along.

More to come including the main gear wells and speed-brake detail :deadhorse1:

Chris :deadhorse1:

Edited by Zactoman
F-100intake.jpg

Seamless intake anyone?

Though the original kit intake shape wasn't terrible, it was slightly off. Out comes the bic lighter and bondo!

I've also added the missing internal radar hump.

F-100nosebay01.jpg

Nose gear well details are coming along.

More to come including the main gear wells and speed-brake detail :lol:

Chris :cheers:

Seriously Chris, Trumpeter needs to be giving you kickbacks or hire you on to help with "design consulting". More than any other aftermarket manufacturer, you have saved some very high profile Trumpeter kits from the "I'll never buy that because they screwed it up so royally" category.

-Mike

So glad you couldn't ignore the Hun.

How muchie muchie?

Me want. Have fun long time.

10, 20, do I hear 30?.....40? More than 40?

I'm already with my checkbook open.

RS

Looks fantastic!

Hopefully Chris brings out a new front fuselage section with intake and corrected spine for the Trumpeter MiG-21MF sometimes, which is completely wrong in these fields.

Cheers

Christian

Edited by falcon91352
Hopefully Chris brings out a new front fuselage section with intake and corrected spine for the Trumpeter MiG-21MF sometimes, which is completely wrong in these fields.

Still, what you made from the Trumpeter and Revell kits is awesome! :whistle:

uuuuhhhhhh......YF-23 HELLO

but seriously now i HAVE to get an F-100 and all associated crap...err aftermarket to go along with it. the only reason i have an a-7 is to use the intake for it.

if you produce it i WILL buy it, maybe even two.

Thanks for all the nice feedback!

The F-100 is one that I couldn't just ignore. I hope to have one built and in my collection some day!

No pricing yet. First I have to try to mold it to determine if I can even do it. Like the A-7 intake, this thing is very long, almost 10" :D . This one will be even more difficult because it tapers and becomes very thin through the center section. Throw in an integral detailed wheel well. :D I will try to keep my pricing reasonable though...

Don't worry Rafael! I certainly haven't forgotten about the YF-23!

I'm just trying to expand the Zactomodels product line to help generate enough $s to allow me the time to do the 23. I do need to pay the bills and the Zactowoman has a birthday coming soon!

Consider this practice for the 23!

MiG-21MF? Perhaps some day...

:banana:

Chris,

Did you cut the nose off, then fix it, or did you just leave it in place? Looks like there's a cut where the nose on the real jet comes off.

Just in case you're looking for other items to fix:

-main gear tires are too thin (the real ones are just over 9" wide) and 2mm too large in diameter.

-Fuel tank vent fairing on the tail is too narrow & the fin is too broad in chord

-Kit is missing an F-102-style afterburner nozzle

-Kit is missing items for an F-100C (I can dream, can't I? :D )

Ben

Here's the stuff I'd like to see for the kit:

- Full Vietnam antenna package, including both AN/APR-25/26 fairings, front and rear

- Aires type cockpit including option of IP with AN/APR-25/26 displays and rear cockpit decking, both the fixed part behind the seat and part that goes up with the canopy.

- Aires type wheel wells

- Aires type exhaust (original type)

- More decals, SEA options.

I'm holding out for items 1,2 and 5 before I try to start mine.

That's a subtle but significant change that. Would it be a decent compromise to just mould the part of the trunking that goes back to the nose gear well? From what I've read, you can't see much that far back anyway, so any cutting, filling and sanding by the modeller should be acceptable while keeping the price down and your rejects low.

Jens

- Aires type wheel wells
Aires type?

:cheers:

How about Zacto-style?

F-100nosebay02.jpg

Would it be a decent compromise to just mould the part of the trunking that goes back to the nose gear well? From what I've read, you can't see much that far back anyway, so any cutting, filling and sanding by the modeller should be acceptable while keeping the price down and your rejects low.
Sorta what I'm doing...

I'd rather the builder didn't have to do any cutting, filling or sanding.

It will require that you chop the kit nose off though.

Seamless.jpg

It's still going to be a 'challenge' to mold...

:coolio:

Actually, the hardest part might be coming up with an ejection seat. The tail wouldn't be too hard, you've already got the early speed brake, the inboard main gear doors are easily-modified, and you could probably reconfigure the wings with sheet styrene. I'd consider trying it on mine if I hadn't paid so ^%*^$&%$ much for it! :thumbsup:

Ben