Trumpeter 1/32 F-100...

Thanks once again for the nice comments! :worship:

It's ready!

I've updated my website and am accepting orders!

Price is $8.00 + S&H

The first shipments will go out on Tuesday, May 27th.

Castings2.jpg

F100_Instruction.jpg

:salute:

At least in the photos, I think the parts may not be up to Chris's standards.

Or your standards, either. :thumbsup: They didn't pooch the gunsight like Avionix did, but they didn't address the part that,s supposed to fit up inside the canopy, either. Their wheels don't look too bad, I guess. At least they corrected the main gear tire diameter.

Chris, those noses look great. I'll be placing an order next week!

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown
I have looked at the resin on this site. At least in the photos, I think the parts may not be up to Chris's standards.

Just an observation....

Here is their 'pit set;

RF32012-1hunpit.jpg

Harold's seat makes that seat look like a kit part. Harold + Zactoman>>>>>>>the others

Is that the instrument panel on the lower left?

The gun sight is still bogus though.

At least they didn't throw a canvas cover over it. Like Avionix and Aires did.

Edited by Harold
why is everyone off on the gunsite? Is the Aires one off too? The kit is off, Avionix is off and so is Renaissance.

Aires did the same thing Avionix did, with the canvas cover. Odd thing is that Avionix (Black Box) generally got it right on their 1/48 pit. Plus, they left the chute out of the seat. Not sure what happened with their 1/32 pit. They lose all of their references? Aires does get a couple of points for including canopy frame details. That's got to be a first for anyone.

Ben

Not to steal Chris' well-earned thunder but there's an outfit call Renaissance in France that's got a bunch of stuff out now for the Trump Hun, including a corrected nose. I saw the link on Large Scale Planes.
Why, thank you for that kind gesture Startafartblast! :soapbox:

I welcome you to compare and draw your own conclusions...

>>>Renaissance intake<<<

Trump, Zacto, real:

Comparison3.jpg

Besides, mine includes a nifty little FOD cover for your pleasure!

Covers.jpg

Thank you to those who have ordered! ;)

Post office is closed on Monday so I'll be shipping them out Tuesday.

:cheers: Chris

I still feel somewhat dumbfounded at a kit that costs as much as it does, took as long as it did and has the errors that it does. I still feel there are no excuses for shape issues and even though it's the only game in town for a large Hun, you would THINK they would have checked and re-checked before sending it to us hapless westerners.

Unfortunately, that's par for the course with Trumpeter. Witness the Su-27 and A-7 kits. It seems like they have their fair share of misses in their lineup, along with a few hits.

I agree that Chris's is better than the Renaissance one. Their's appears to be a perfect symmetric oval with the widest part being halfway between the top and bottom. Looking at the photo above of the real thing and the Zacto part, the point of maximum width appears to be closer to the bottom.

Edited by Dave Williams

The reason I am on the gun sight thing, is that it is so obvious, right up there and easily seen on the big HUN.

I am sure somebody covered that area, but I haven't seen any with it that way.

I am working on the gun sight. Just because...of the AMS problem I have. The 12 step AMSaholic program isn't working very well.