Trumpeter 1/32 F-100...

Actually, the hardest part might be coming up with an ejection seat. The tail wouldn't be too hard, you've already got the early speed brake, the inboard main gear doors are easily-modified, and you could probably reconfigure the wings with sheet styrene. I'd consider trying it on mine if I hadn't paid so ^%*^$&%$ much for it! :D

Ben

Ben is correct, the seat would be the main difference. The some if the pit and instrument panel are different as well....hmmmmm

Xactoman could do the outside and ........

• 1 month later...

Okay so can I be put on the permanent preorder list? I need the F100 mods your making, I need the Mig 21 mod you might make (really hope you do) and I want the YF 23. If you do the 105 I need 1 of those also and probably whatever else you make I'll need.

James

Thanks for all the nice feedback!

The F-100 is one that I couldn't just ignore. I hope to have one built and in my collection some day!

No pricing yet. First I have to try to mold it to determine if I can even do it. Like the A-7 intake, this thing is very long, almost 10" :P . This one will be even more difficult because it tapers and becomes very thin through the center section. Throw in an integral detailed wheel well. :wacko: I will try to keep my pricing reasonable though...

Don't worry Rafael! I certainly haven't forgotten about the YF-23!

I'm just trying to expand the Zactomodels product line to help generate enough $s to allow me the time to do the 23. I do need to pay the bills and the Zactowoman has a birthday coming soon!

Consider this practice for the 23!

MiG-21MF? Perhaps some day...

:cheers:

Wow man, your crazy......I'm still working on the Su-27 with all of the goodies that I purchased from you over the summer and I know, I will be needing at least 2 A-7 set and now this............ :cheers:

you know, you're going to break my bank account.... ;) cause I'll be needing couple of these (F-100) sets as well and not to mention the YF-23......Holy Cow, what am I going to do?? maybe uncle Sam will help me with a loan, that's it! ;)

Mike

After going through the photos of the C that Don Hinton photographed, the cockpit has a lot of differences compared to the D model.

About the only thing that is the same is the gun sight.

Nearly everythng else has been changed in the D.

Doable? Sure. Just a lot of work.

We still don't have a 'pit that is accurate for the D.

Hey Chris!

The Hun work is incredible, as usual. You really are blessed with a gift my friend! I showed the Flanker, A-7 and F-100 Zacto stuff to my Trumpeter A-10 model. Now it refuses to come out of the box.

Please restore my A-10's self esteem..the whimpering from the stash pile is really distracting...

Regards,

Pig

• 5 weeks later...

This is one really beautiful aircraft - despite its age (sorry, I´m still well in my twens). Just recently I´ve come across another beautiful build of this aircraft in a bare metal finish and with gorgeous red markings on ARC. Given the experiences I´ve made with the previous improvements I´m really beginning to like the idea of trying this one out some time.

I really like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Bench_12-07.jpg

That's the Hun, upper right, OFF the workbench...

Minor catastrophy...My seamless putty job shrunk and cracked internally. I dug it out and started repairs but got interupted several times and didn't find the motivation to continue, for now...

YF-23 is back on the workbench (!)...

I've gotten this far on the Hun, so I'll likely restart it, but demand didn't seem very high and the 23 is a passion...

I'll be updating my website soon and reviving the 23 in-progress thread soon.

Sorry to those few who were waiting for the F-100 parts...

That pic of your workspace is refreshing! Makes me feel a little better about my own.
:nanner:

It's been a little hectic lately and gotten slightly out of hand...My apologies to all you clean freaks (Smithery :lol: )

Here was just a couple of weeks ago:

Bench_11-07.jpg

:beer4:

• 5 months later...

Update:

Disaster struck...

I did the "pour paint down the intake" trick and all seemed fine.

I set the pattern aside for several weeks and when I went to resume the project I noticed several areas inside the intake that had shrunk. I took a dental pick to it and discovered that all of the putty work I had done had turned to goo...

Mr. Surfacer 1000 (or more likely Mr. Thinner) didn't like the spot putty I had used.

The more I poked around the worse I realized it was. It was trashed...

As noted on my edited initial post, I won't be releasing the seamless intake/gear well kit as planned but instead am just going to release a correction piece for the front of the intake.

IntakeFix1.jpg

IntakeFix2.jpg

It corrects the shape of the intake and includes the internal radar fairing not present on the kit.

I will be pouring a mold and doing some test fit castings in the coming days.

More updates coming soon...

Very nice work Chris. I'm in for at least one!

Agree! That intake will be a must! Heard that Model Masters may be releasing the noisy end with Deuce A/B mod for the Trumpy Hun. May make the kit very doable as an ANG jet: have so far been stocking up on decal options from ProCAM etc without a kit in the stash!

BTW Harold, many thanks indeed for your utterly spectacular accessories which arrived this week just gone - the FOD covers are life-savers for the F-4 and F-105 but the SUU-23/A is absolutely stunning and worth every penny, and more!

Am building a Happy Hooligans 119 FIG F-4D from the Tamiya and just need to work out the font on the fin flash (if such exists!) for 'The Happy Hooligans'.

Great stuff guys!

Cheers

Tony T

Agree! That intake will be a must! Heard that Model Masters may be releasing the noisy end with Deuce A/B mod for the Trumpy Hun. May make the kit very doable as an ANG jet: have so far been stocking up on decal options from ProCAM etc without a kit in the stash!

BTW Harold, many thanks indeed for your utterly spectacular accessories which arrived this week just gone - the FOD covers are life-savers for the F-4 and F-105 but the SUU-23/A is absolutely stunning and worth every penny, and more!

Am building a Happy Hooligans 119 FIG F-4D from the Tamiya and just need to work out the font on the fin flash (if such exists!) for 'The Happy Hooligans'.

Great stuff guys!

Cheers

Tony T

Thanks for you kind comments,

Harold

Thanks for the nice comments and to those who have expressed interest in ordering! :salute:

Test mold revealed some slight fit issues on the inside where the nose piece mates with the cut-off intake pieces. I modified the pattern and will be pouring the first production mold tonight.

I've also added a FOD cover...

Cover.jpg

I'll be pouring multiple molds, casting parts and doing up a quick instruction sheet this week. It should be ready to release this coming weekend.

Gonna put my order in as soon as it hits the market.Grat job Zacto. :)

Cheers,Miro.

Thanks Miro!

It should be ready for sales tomorrow night or Friday.

I just finished pouring a second mold.

Instruction sheet is almost done. I'll get a bunch printed tomorrow.

Castings are coming out nice so far.

Castings1.jpg

:lol: