Sepecat Jaguar GR1/ Tornado GR1 question

Hi eveyone,

In process of building Revell's 1:72 jaguar GR1. Whats the max loadouts possible? And how they can be arranged. If anyone has any pictures, that would be top notch. :blink:

Also planning to build Revell's 1;72 tornado GR1. After a bit of research I have decided I want to load the beast with the WE.177 nuclear bomb. :D

Has anyone got any pictures of the bomb loaded on the aircraft? I'm thinking of scratch building 2 from the simple 500lb bombs found in the airfix tornado kit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Will. :blink:

Max load for a Jag would be :-

1 x 1000lb bomb on each outboard station.

2 x 1000lb bomb on tandem beam on both inboard station.

2 x 1000lb bomb on cenetrline.

So thats 8000lb of bombs, mind you the jet wouldn't go very far with that little lot !!

As for the mighty Fin,

WE177 on station 7 or 8.

1500ltr or 2250ltr tanks on each inboard Stn 3 & 4.

BOZ pod on Port outboard, Stn 2.

ECM on Stbd outboard, Stn 1.

HTH

Andy

Pics of We177 on Tornados are rare (Anyone got one of one on a Sea harrier?) - can't remember where this one came from - note it is a drill round. I have a pic somewhere of a 17 Sqn one carrying a drill

WE1.177.jpg

Here's the bomb - there is also one at the RAF Museum

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/jinx...tomicMuseum.jpg

Edited by Dave Fleming

Thanks for all the help guys :banana:

Dave the pictures of the WE.177 loaded are very rare, lol, I have not found any and have been searching for ages. From the picture the bomb does look pretty small, so ill see what I can do to make it.

For the jag, I'm thinking of possibly making a recce "Snow Cat", and another with the full 1000lb bomb loadout, should be fun :D

cheers, will :thumbsup:

Hey hachet those look brilliant. :thumbsup: May I ask what dimensions you used, such as lengths etc..

also, just out of interest what plane are you planning to use them on?

cheers

I used this for dimensions. I also found a drawing somewhere with a rear-view of the fins with dimensions.

Eventually, they'll be going on a mid-80's 14sqd bird.

:banana:

What is the diameter of the We.177? The drawing only gives 8" for the back end but what is the dia of the body. Thanks.

Jari

Diameter is 16.5in and the wingspan (finspan? :blink: ) is 23.5in according to my sources, which is very close, in 1/72, to the dia of a Hase 19-shot rocket pod boom.gif

:yahoo: