TIGER MEET 2007

Dear Modelers,

I would like to present my latest models in 1/1 scale :-)

These are the birds that belong to 192nd squadron "TIGERS". They were dressed up for the TIGER MEET which will be held in Norway this year.

This year's Tiger Meet is officially named as ARCTIC TIGER. Therefore I decided to create a concept according to this name. Since 80's every kind of aggressive tiger designs have been created, however I believe these animated snowball throwing tiger pilots will bring a little different taste to the organization this year.

Tails are folio covered and drop tanks are painted with 50 hours of hard work.

Hope you like them,

Best

Omer ERKMEN

From TURKEY

REDTIGERlow.jpg

DSCN0071l.jpg

DSCN0070l.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0067l.jpg

Fantastic work Omar!

Unfortunately I shan't be able to attend the photocall on the 29th so I won't get to photograph them here in Norway.

If only we could find a way to have them drop by my airfield at Sola in the southwest. :-)

Thanks for sharing

Wow...I wonder if decals can be done before the Tiger Meet Group Build ends in Feb 2008!!!! Those are cool!

Since Omer did the 1/1 artwork it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get references... <_<

Please excuse my complete and utter stupidity, but what is "Tiger Meet"? Is it sort of like a Red Flag exercise or competition or something like that? I always have loved seeing the colorful paint schemes they come up with for these things.

Great shots, BTW.

Fantastic work Omar!

Unfortunately I shan't be able to attend the photocall on the 29th so I won't get to photograph them here in Norway.

If only we could find a way to have them drop by my airfield at Sola in the southwest. :-)

Thanks for sharing

I wish you were there to take some pictures for all of us, I've seen your post previously, photos were excellent :blink:

Please excuse my complete and utter stupidity, but what is "Tiger Meet"? Is it sort of like a Red Flag exercise or competition or something like that? I always have loved seeing the colorful paint schemes they come up with for these things.

Great shots, BTW.

As far as I know, Tiger Meets started in early 60's. Tiger Meets are the Associations reason for being. While in the early days the Tiger Meet was mainly a social get together from Tiger squadrons, things changed rapidly and tactical flying exercises were soon implemented into the Tiger Meet program. Tiger squadrons from each NATO member country participating this organization every year. (jaguars, panthers are also welcome:-) ).

Delightful part of this meeting for the modelers are those colorful Tiger paintings. Every participant paints one or two of their aircrafts with tiger markings partially or overall scheme.

Here is the official site of Tiger Meet, you can find more info and pictures from there...

http://www.natotigers.org/

Best

Omer ERKMEN

From TURKEY

Really original and eyecatching scheme I would love to buil a kit!

Can you tell us what kind of Viper are those? Block 30?

Paolo

Hello Paolo,

These Falcons are Block 50, I think Tamiya kits in 1/48 and 1/32 scales are both perfect to finish for these birds.

Omer ERKMEN

from TURKEY

Dear friends,

Thank you very very much for your nice complements.

I am willing to produce these decals along with the ones I completed last years Tiger Meet. Within 15 days I will complete another Turkish Squadron with colorful tail markings for their 20th anniversary. And then I will get started for the production along with some other squadron markings as well.

Here are the ones completed last year...

Hope you like them as well :-)

Picture043.jpg