FOAB redux

I've pretty much sworn off McDonald's over the past year with the exception of the salads, but I tried one of those Angus Third Pounders the other night, and it wasn't bad at all. Not the usual McDonalds fare, it was quite good.

However, I still maintain that the best burger is the one that comes off your own gas grill. Toasted bun, a nice thick slice of onion (they don't bother me at all), and either

Ketchup AND Mustard

or

Peter Luger's Steak Sauce. This stuff is the Bomb Diggity.

Cheese is optional. I like a nice cheeseburger, but I'll leave the cheese off if I'm using the steak sauce on the burger.

The Best chain burgers are ButterBurgers by Culver's ...

Excellent stuff ...

Steve, the McDonald's around here don't have those 3rd pound angus burgers ... sounds good ...

Karl, the Longhorn you speak of, is that the Steakhouse chain ? If so, they serve excellent steaks ...

Gregg

The only Longhorn "chain" I know of is a BBQ joint born in Spokane WA - where at least one other wicked cool entity was born and raised. In fact, they're so good, they're my favorite post-game feed-stop in Pioneer Square Seattle.... 200+ miles west of the Birthplace of All That Is Holy.

I'm wondering if you might mean Lonestar??? which is in fact a not-too-shabby chain steak joint...

Grant, I know what you mean about the locally owned restraunts too, where I live in rural Missouri, that's what we mostly have and there's quite a few really good places ... There's been an Applebees in the next town from us for over ten years now and I've never eaten there because the local folks are better in both food and price ...

Gregg