Iranian Blue Angels

All I can say is if they hope to come close to the Angels and T-Birds. They will need lots and lots of PRACTICE , PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!. You don't just jump in and fly diamond formations that tight.

Edited by PhantomPhoenix

Wait a sec, aren't those three planes some sort of new F-5 development airframe that Iran is working on? As such, I imagine they adapted the blue and yellow paintjob for these planes for what ever test program they are doing rather then trying to come up with a display team. As for the reaction it is getting, well I think this was the intended result. So why get hacked off about it when they WANT you to get hacked off about it?

There could be another more sinister reason for this, but I am not going to speculate on that here. I'll let the intelligence community work that angle.

Alright, alright, enough with the arguing over the obvious superiority of an F-5 with TWO vertical stabs, on to the important question - who's making a 1/72 conversion and what base kit would be best to use? And should my dio have a F-18 or F-15 claiming the kill? :D

from what i hear these are akin to pre-production airplanes: some modded more than others.

im intrigued by the mention of avionics upgrade, esp given the lack of room in the F-5....woudent be suprised if chinese supplied Super Skyranger or Grifo 7 Radars are found inside

What is this Bizzaro World? Even the script on the nose looks like the Blues' script font. Weird.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was going to ignore the paint scheme, but that script typeface really tips the scales over on the side of someone just being too lazy to come up with something original.

Ray's on to something... the more fist shaking and yelling you guys do, the more they're gonna laugh. *I* was laughing because I thought it was funny that they chose that scheme for their testbed jets (which I'm kinda growing fond of, actually)