Iranian Blue Angels

Another F-5 modification?

12_860515_L600.jpg

I'm more interested in this mod job than the "it's a Blue Angels" twin-tail. Does anyone else notice that the wing is placed way further forward of where it was originally? They also seem to have lost the area ruling on the mid-fuselage, and there are several large vents, which suggest they've done something with the engines.

Not only is the wing further forward, it's placed higher on the fuselage, above the intake. The stabilator is higher up on the fuselage than a normal F-5's is.

However, those side vents already exist on F-5s; they're auxiliary intakes and can usually be seen open when the aircraft is on the ground and the engines are running and (IIRC) for increased airflow during takeoff.

5290.jpg

Edited by Trigger
I'm more interested in this mod job than the "it's a Blue Angels ripoff!" twin-tail. Does anyone else notice that the wing is placed way further forward of where it was originally? They also seem to have lost the area ruling on the mid-fuselage, and there are several large vents, which suggest they've done something with the engines.

To me, it kinda looks like a prelude to the Shafaq intakes/LEX as well. See the bottom left picture below.

Shafaq3.jpg

Matt

You've been watching Knight Rider again! :beer4:

Night Rider was a great show.....I was sorry to see it cancelled. Well actually the show was really bad.....but the talking, thinking and bullet proof car was VERY cool. :cheers:

OK - HOW COULD WOULD THIS BE:

A system to exchange pilots in mid air.

you fly out a large cargo airplane, you land the jet into the flying warehouse, once secured the jet gets rearmed/pilot changed/ pilot goes potty/ plane gets fixed. then the plane comes off the back of the cargo airplane and back into the air.

i know it sounds ficticious, but hey, it's not totally undoable. look at this pilot, he just needed an opening wide enough and he would have brought that jet into the cargo plane. design a way to stabilize the entry and you got a flying repair/rearm shop.

or maybe a large blimp, if it was big enough.

web_050311-N-1539M-002.jpg

Shark

Edited by Shark
well alright, maybe it is ficticius, but a large blimp could do the job maybe?

Shark

Crimson Skies had such blimps...

Crimson%20Skies.jpg

800x600_CE6708BC2411C0AD1561305F60D84683.jpg

A really cool game! I only know the PC version (there was another for the XBOX), but that was a great game!

Shafaq3.jpg

Holy crap! LOL! They did it again! Only this time, with the Yak-130! :D

YAK-130.JPG

Whats with these guys? Throwing a twin tail onto single tail designs doesnt give you twice the performance. That is an urban legend just like pop rocks and Pepsi.

Whats with these guys? Throwing a twin tail onto single tail designs doesnt give you twice the performance. That is an urban legend just like pop rocks and Pepsi.

Ahh...but their sharp Persian lawyers advised them they could side-step a potential lawsuit from Northrop-Grumman if they just put a second tail on! :D

From the locked A380 thread:

Can't have it both ways, bra!

So why did you feel the need to bring that into this thread? This isn't a thread about the Swifts, its a thread about the Blue Angles....errr...well, about airplanes that are painted like the Blue Angles.

Nobody brought up the Swifts, nobody was making comparisons to the Swifts, and yet you brought them in here anyway.

Try to keep it on topic.

Back to plastic!!! *insert saucy emoticon here*

Speed and Angels on the right.

"Check tapes on, Fights on!" :rolleyes:

Tank

Tapes are so blase....

"Check DVR-On, Record"

Waco,

Gotta love solid state recorders!

Not to dive further into a flame war, but were you with the Raptor unit that was down in Key West recently? Our VFA-122 students just got back this week and mentioned that there was a certain IP in the squadron that became a famous Raptor insultor with some nice gun footage. I guess it was a good learning point for all in regards to the AESA equiped Super Hornets Vs AESA equiped Raptors. All were quite impressed and humbled though when a Raptor took a 6K defensive set and was neutral at the merge then went UP!!

Keep the shiny side up....

Tank

well alright, maybe it is ficticius, but a large blimp could do the job maybe?

Shark

they actually had such a thing in the first world war. i don't know if it was actually used operationally, but i have seen footage of planes "catching the hook" as it were. i suppose a modern version of this would be pretty cool.

Bill

OK - HOW COULD WOULD THIS BE:

A system to exchange pilots in mid air.

you fly out a large cargo airplane, you land the jet into the flying warehouse, once secured the jet gets rearmed/pilot changed/ pilot goes potty/ plane gets fixed. then the plane comes off the back of the cargo airplane and back into the air.

Shark

knightrider style! :thumbsup:

WHAT!? Next I suppose you'll tell me that Hondas don't get any more performance from aftermarket spoilers!

integra4.jpg

Fear the Iranian tuner-jets.

Hey, everyone knows that a "Go Fast Wing" in combination with the "Wake Generator" increases horsepower by at least 15% ... <_<

Gregg