Old Warden Flying Evening

I was going to post these in the Real Aviation forum, but thought they might be better off here. They were taken yesterday evening at Old Warden with near perfect conditions for flying the 'Edwardians':

279706637.jpg

279706632.jpg

279706569.jpg

279706619.jpg

peebeep

Beautiful, thankyou for sharing, I love OW and your photo's just sum up the atmosphere just right. In my eyes, I'd rather be at an OW display than any other, including RIAT etc.

I think I was born in the wrong era sometimes, all this modernity sometimes leaves me cold, but give me a warm calm evening, perhaps a band playing some big band / Glen Miller era music and a smattering of vintage aircraft, accompanied perhaps by a decent cup of tea out of ye olde kelly kettle and I'm as happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Cheers

Matt

You and me both then, I just love the vibe of being at OW, especially the flying evenings. I had intended to get there as often as possible, but as a result of various circumstances this was my first visit this year damn and blast, but it was worth waiting for.

peebeep

Edited by peebeep

I've not been able to get there for a while now. Living on the N.Norfolk coast with no car means that getting there will be one almighty pain in the wotsit!

Mind, there is a vintage fly in happening sometime soon at Northrepps which might be worth a walk up to.