1/48 scale IAF A-10I

Plastic models don't fly. It least not mine.

AAA Yes , but the real things that they represent do and thew A-10 is real no matter if it's an IAF or USAF :banana::thumbsup: I'm beginning to realize I was wrong to ask about this so "You go boy" were all looking forward to seeing the finished product especially with that IAF camo.

Jim

Edited by Hornet78
IAF A-10I "Chazir"

How would you pronounce that?

Thanks,

Steven L

A little correction, the A-10 is nicknamed 'WARTHOG" which is kind of a wild pig so in hebrew the name is "CHAZIR YABALOT", you say it like you write it (CHA-ZIR YA-BA-LOT).

hi jim,

Is this some kind of pig\hog because the only hebrew traslation is something else (A worker that works under the ground).

Well maybe I should ask what is the word for Sand since we allready have Chazir for hog. Combine the two and Wala you would have a Hebrew "Sand hog"

Jim

Been working on the belly of my Chazir.

As we all know the Monogram kit has raised panel lines and when you glue the two halves of the fuselage together then sand the seam you lose a lot of detail. So I did some panel line scribing this past weekend. Did most of my scribing with the back edge of a no# 11 blade. I messed up on a few few line but no worries, filled them with super glues, a little sanding and retry. Some panels would harder than others. After the scribe work was done, I gave the new lines a wash in water-based ink for a look-see. My new panel lines are not are not 100% accurate, just for detail as well as for fun. :D

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

I replace the kits antenna with a piece is brass rod and use a pair of needle nose to bend it into shape. I

then marked off the location and drill two hole for the antenna, then super glued it into place.

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

On to the tail, I updated the two radar altimeters on the horizontal stabilizers with two resin domes. As well as added a circular antenna made from styrene rod.

IMG_4080.jpg

I have been wanting to double up the chaff/flare boxes under the wingtips but was not sure how I was going

to do it. After a little pondering... <_< I started off with a stripe of styrene cut the same

length of the kit C/F box. I then bent one end down to match the same angle of the kits box. I then

super glued it to the side of the kit box. With my favorite putty, (super glue & baby powder) I back filled

the space under the strip of styrene. I then filed, sanded, putty, sanded the new box into shape.I scribed

a few new panel lines, shot a coat of primer and gave the new lines a wash in water-based ink, looks pretty

good. Still got a few things to fix, all-in-all I'm happy with it.

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

Steven L

Looks great Steven. I think your panel lines are .00000002 mm too deep. Redo them!! :D Keep up the great work. The chaff boxes blend right in.

Keep going.

Wayne <_<

Edited by Quiddy

Just found this thread, and I've been "catching up" for the past 20 minutes.

This build is just awesome, I must say! Really great job there, Steven!

I'm amazed at your skill and determination for this build. Keep it up, looking

forward to more pictures! :whistle:

This a great build! I did an Israeli A-10 years ago, and it turned out like crap.

That was long before the internet took off and ARC was around :unsure:

I might try it again sometime...

Can't wait to see it painted..

Cheers, Ian

This a great build! I did an Israeli A-10 years ago, and it turned out like crap.

That was long before the internet took off and ARC was around

I might try it again sometime...

Can't wait to see it painted..

Impressive Build!! I'm enjoying It!!!

Thanks Guys :D

She's a long way from the paint shop.

Last update until next year.

On the second day of Christmas, General Electric gave to me, Two new TF35-GE-100 Turbofan engines! :banana:

IMG_4172.jpg

One is almost ready to install and the other... I still got to make. :doh: As you can see, the new engine is larger than the old TF34 and provides more thrust.

IMG_4174.jpg

Merry Christmas everybody and have a Happy New Year! :)

Steven L