1/48 scale IAF A-10I

Thanks Darren ;)

how well is the paint going to adhere to the shinny plastic of the pens?

It won't. Got to rough up the surface a bit to get the paint to stick. So I lightly sanded it with a 3m sanding pad before gluing on the fins.

IMG_4428.jpg

Steven L

do you have any markings for them that will fit or will you have to print them off yourself or paint

I got some extra decals in my stash. But I may end up painting the bands on.

Steven L

Here's another little update on my SandHog.

Well I rescribed the Fuselage from nose to engine mounts not going to rescribe the tail area. I save alot of raise rivet detail that will look great after some dry brushing. :D

IMG_4454.jpg

And here's the other side. You can see my pile of used graphic tape in the background. Not knocking scribing templetes but I like to use graphic tape when scribing. Using graphic tape V's scribing templetes.... well it's easier to conform to surface and I did not have to try to hold the template in place as well as holding the model and whatever scribing tool I was using. Just tear a piece off, place it where you want, start scribing and when your happy, peel it up and move on. I like Chartpak graphic tape, it's cheap, it stick well and it's think enough to use as a guide.

IMG_4457.jpg

Had some work to do around the engine to airframe area. after a little putty/sand/putty/sand/ prime, look pretty good. <_<

IMG_4460.jpg

Here's she is kind of dressed up, with weaopns on display. Soon it will be time for paint!

IMG_4465.jpg

Steven L

I think the best part of this build is that looks SOOO possible!!! there are those What-ifs that you have to shake your head and laugh..and then the ones like this that make you sit aup and think.

I cant wait to see this one done.

Any chance you can buile one of these for me??? it could make a VERY interesting resin kit.

sean

I think the best part of this build is that looks SOOO possible!!! there are those What-ifs that you have to shake your head and laugh..and then the ones like this that make you sit aup and think.

I cant wait to see this one done.

Any chance you can buile one of these for me??? it could make a VERY interesting resin kit.

sean

Thanks Sean :doh:

Sorry, no comission builds for me buddy.

But anywho, That's the fun and the challenge of a "What If" build for me. I just did not want to start added parts for no reason. If there was something I wanted to add there had to be a some form of a reason. As to a resin kit... I thought about it but.... Im cheap and rubber and resin does not come cheap.

I'm enjoying your work very much and like where you put your targeting sensor. I put mine under the nose of my what if.

Eddie

Thanks Eddie,

Love that paint scheme :thumbsup:

Steven L

Thanks Nazaruddin :D

How much weight you got in the front of that thing, like 10 lbs? That thing must weigh a ton! Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks Matt,

After I rebuilt the engines, I had to add even more nose weight to her. She's on the heavy side. :)

Steven L

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Another bump.... yes please an update on this build :cheers:

Sorry, I got lost doing a few "What If" Profiles. ;)

Here's a small update. She now got all 13 hardpoints glued to her wing. It took some time to clean up and glue all those sway braces in place. Still got some filling to do on hardpoints 1 and 13.

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

IMG_4718.jpg

More to come,

Steven L :worship: