1/48 scale IAF A-10I

Awesome....can't wait to see the next progress....keep it up... :rolleyes:

just one question...are you used a masking method or free hand for the 3 tone scheme?

Thanks in advance

Naza

Thanks Naza :whistle:

I used masking. A friend of mine at work told about using Silly Putty for masking. It works wonderfully! It does not leave any sticky residue nor lift up paint and it is reusable. Another first for me on this build.

Steven L :wave:

Edited by FAR148

Thanks Regev :crying2:

During paint, I dropped my Hawg....Like all model tragedies, it happened in slow motion. Breaking off the whole right tail assembly! :o :rofl: I finish spraying whatever color I was shooting. I than super glued the tail back on without any problem and without having to go though the putty/sand/putty/sand routine. After I finished the camo job, I was admiring my handy work and notice a new panel line running straight down the center of the fuselage! after a bit of :blink: I let the paint dry for a day and then I hit the crack with some Proweld to seal it. After that I applied some red spot putty and let it dry.

IMG_4761.jpg

After sanding and resrcibing a few panel lines back. I than reshot the sand color. Even those the crack repair is a pain in the ***, it give me a chance to add one of my bumps and antenna combo I forget to add before paint. With a bit of superglue, I placed the bump and antenna combo.

IMG_4763.jpg

I then remasked the sand color with silly putty and shot the light brown. Good as new!

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4765.jpg

Until next time,

Edited by FAR148

Great save Steve. I am following a build on the WhatIf forum where a guy dropped his Natter model... wrecking it TWICE.

Oooh the humanity. Glad that the damage was minimal, except for the probable heart palpitations which have obviously subscided by now.

Thanks everyone! :coolio:

:salute: It's Friday! :banana: Let the weekend begin!

I hope to get the bottom paint and to get her on her own feet this weekend.

More to come,

Edited by FAR148

Assuming this would be based out in the Negev, a certain amount of weathering in the form of lightened paint would appear. I am just guessing, but wouldn't they have covered shelters for the planes, so it wouldn't be sitting out in the sun all day. Whatever natural streaks and smears appear on operational A-10s in normal service. Or go all the way, with paint chipping, obvious repaint on certain panels, maybe even a few tank "kill marks" under the canopy. How brave do you feel attacking that cool paint job and making it look "used"?

The guys from Isra decals saw my F-16C at the nats in LA last summer and they liked it allot. The one comment they made though was that the little streek I put on the fuel tank, and the little bit of black I ppout on the gun muzzle was "Unrealistic" becasue a IAF crew cheif would never let that happen since they Always stay ontop of their jets adn that if it did happen eh would be fired. So a faily clean jet would probably be more realistic but i would definatly fade it a bit.

Might fine sand hog you got goin

Jim