This has got to be the most thoroughly entertaining thread I have ever seen, absolutely brilliant modelling skill, but more than that, the presentation, humour and everything is just amazing. This should be a book, honestly, in a series "Superdetailing the XXXX with Chuk and Abe" they would sell by the score.

Thankyou for making my evening

Matt

Thanks you, thank you, thank you- but don't hate me! I had friends staying over from out of town, we threw a big party, had a lot of fun and almost no time at the bench. Whoo! :woot.gif: I did get the turtledeck on- am currently filling the seam between the spine and the windows.

Here's a teaser for ya- I think I may have chosen the next project. Hint: it's a model! :cheers:

The fires here have rendered things murky and strange- a shadow fell acroos the bench as I was working yesterday-

The_Apocalypse_01.jpg

-and quickly grew more ominous!

The_Apocalypse_02.jpg

Aiee! it blots out the sun!

The_Apocalypse_03.jpg

Ash has been raining down, fouling everything, and reminding us of the tragedy unfolding for our fellow Californians who have lost so much. Give 'em a kind thought, won't you? ;)

unbelievable...I am glad I stayed up late..

This is really starting to come together. I can't wait to your next comic book build!!!!

That could be your title!!!

Comic book build

with Chuck W and Abe

lol.

keep it up..you are almost there!!!!

Sean

E-fricken-gads that's awesome Chuk. I think to save time and effort I'm just going to box up my projects and send them to you to build for me. Between you, Pete, Pierre and a host of others here I don't know why I even bother to slap plastic bits together. This has got to be one of the nicest builds I've ever seen. Well done.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks, guys! We're lucky to safe- and the fires are out. Those poor souls in the burn areas now face the threat of mudslides from rain that's coming our way- it's always something!

Sorry for the lack of update- I've got a house full of visiting family and have gotten little modeling done. What's more is that I've lost one of the external bomb racks! I've searched high and low, and can only guess that it got snagged on a cloth or paper towel and has been taken out with the trash. Oh, NOES!!! I have a letter off to Eduard asking for replacement parts- hopefully they'll come through. Scratchbuilding a replacement for the kit base part will be no problem- but I'd really like to have the etched parts in matching racks. Wish me luck!

It's really close to being done- I'll be finishing the access panels for the spine and bomb bay door soon...

:woot.gif: