Chuk - I know that it's been said before, but WOW. Your work is amazing (those flaps itself are a real piece of art), but your documentation is such a treat to read. I agree that builds like this should have a special place on the forum, since it is such a valuable reference. I'm also curious what you're going to do next, and please keep the posts coming on this and other builds. Really fantastic stuff.

Jon

Chuk - muchos gracias for another entertaining (and informative) installment of "when the bird turns." Sorry about the carpet monster, but ya know, it happens to me at least once a build (generally multiple times actually). I'm still not prepared to invest (or wear) a bib in order to prevent the parts from going AWOL. I think it's just a fact of life...

JON

Many thanks, my friends!

The holidays are roaring toward us like some unstoppable engine of good cheer, so I've been spending time puttin' up some ho, ho, ho! I did manage to get some time in at the bench- take a look!

Misc_384.jpg

Misc_385.jpg

Misc_386.jpg

Misc_387.jpg

Misc_388.jpg

Misc_389.jpg

Misc_390.jpg

Misc_391.jpg

Misc_392.jpg

Misc_393.jpg

Chuk - that certainly is some minutiae! Another great installment. I think for all of the holidays can make model-building a wee bit more challenging in order to find the time. But the work looks great.

Jon

Barring events unforeseen, the next post will see this bird finished. Just a couple of things to add- read on to see what. I did forget to add one thing- a Quickboost Mk VII gunsight- on its way from Sprue Brothers.

I'd like to take a moment to wish each and every one of you and your families peace on Earth, and goodwill towards man.

Misc_404.jpg

Misc_405.jpg

Misc_406.jpg

Misc_407.jpg

Misc_408.jpg

Misc_409.jpg

Misc_410.jpg