Thus concludes the most entertaining build thread I have ever read on the internet.

This REALLY should be in a book.

Do we get a "german" style chuck for the 410 build?? :woot.gif:

I'm amazed, entertained, inspired and reluctant to look at my models on the shelf :rolleyes:

Brilliant brilliant stuff :thumbsup:

Wow wow wow

Outstanding work Chukw. I wish there were more threads like this one. You are a man of many many talents.

This one is sure to win more than its fair share of contests. Thanks for taking all of us through this magnificent adventure and sharing your incredible insight and skills throughout the journey. My hats off to you...

Regards, Dan

P.S. Any thoughts on the next big project?

• 5 months later...

Chukw,

AWESOME...STUNNING..WOW...

Your Deck is absolutely AMAZING..

I have loved following your work on this thread and it has been a pleasureable work to follow..

Love your style of Threads....I still think you shoud write a book in the smae xacting manner as these theads...

I'd buy it....

Once again many thnks for your wnderful work and thread !!

HOLMES :woot.gif::monkeydance::nanner:

• 1 year later...

seen this before but now with a more interested eye... I have a 1/72 (Matchbox original from 1973) Helldive rthat I fancy doing some work on.... will be using this (plus other refs) as a basis....

• 3 years later...

I just read through this entire thread again and I'm still amazed at this build, think it's one of your best.

And it's interesting to see how the characters evolved during this build. One thing that I kind of miss with your later builds are the involvement the characters have in the actual build itself.

/Johan

Jeez, what a jerk I am! Replying to this thread over five years later? I guess those German girls turned my head entirely! My belated thanks to all!

My threads have definitely evolved in the ensuing builds- the 410, the Me509, the Ju388, the IAR and now the return to the Well dio. More photos per page and typeset captions (much quicker and more legible than my scribbles) as I strive to get more info in each post.

The cartoons evolved with a life of their own! I'm an artist by trade, and I needed to make the jump from drawing on paper to drawing on the tablet for reasons of speed, and these figures were where I learned to do that quickly and efficiently. The world of concept and storyboard art is one with the bar being raised constantly, and I needed to up my game in order to compete with the incredible talent springing up all around the globe. Hence the more detailed, painted characters. I've still got a lot to learn and a long way to go, but I might as well have some fun while doing it, right? :)

I guess time will tell as these things continue to grow- I will have to go back and reread things myself- cheers!

chuk