QF-4S, A-4C, SH-60B, YA-7F, and More

The last three updates at Prime Portal have been aircraft related. They include:

A large batch of detail photos of the QF-4S 153821 "Scooby" currently being restored by the OV-10 Bronco Association.

qf-4s.jpg

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 01 consisting of 46 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 02 consisting of 56 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 03 consisting of 54 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 04 consisting of 25 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 05 consisting of 46 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 06 consisting of 31 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 07 consisting of 35 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 08 consisting of 94 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 09 consisting of 13 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 10 consisting of 17 photos

QF-4S (153821) Walk Around Set 11 consisting of 70 photos

A 108 photo walk around of the A-4C (147715) Skyhawk

a-4c_147715_001_of_108t.jpg

A 27 photo walk around of the SH-60B (161554) Seahawk

sh-60b_161554_07_of_27t.jpg

A 51 photo walk around of the Kfir C2 (N406AX)

kfir_c2_n406ax_02_of_51t.jpg

A 93 photo walk around of the YA-7F (70-1039) Corsair II

ya-7f_70-1039_02_of_93t.jpg

An 11 photo walk around of the Lifeguard Lear 35 Medevac

lear_35_medevac_01_of_11t.jpg

And an 8 photo walk around of the B-25B Mitchell

b-25b_5_of_8t.jpg

Check them all out at:

http://www.primeportal.net/whats_new.htm

Enjoy!

Don Busack

you are really doing a great job offering us so much quality pics !

just a question, i was looking at the QF4 walkaround, there are many pics of the fron office but nothing about the rear one ?

Pat

What's the story with Scooby? Looks like somebody can't decide if they should rip it apart or save it.

Dave

www.TheNorthSpin.com

Dedicated to Aircraft Flight Test for the Aviation Enthusiast

She is very much together. These shots span the time she first arrived in Texas until

being back on her feet and completed. I thought some would appreciate the detail

and help folks understand what a 1 to 1 scale QF-4S kit looks like.

bill

you are really doing a great job offering us so much quality pics !

just a question, i was looking at the QF4 walkaround, there are many pics of the fron office but nothing about the rear one ?

Pat

Pat the rear pit is there, just not much detail as there is not much to show. For her last duty the pit

was stripped to allow a box of test equipment to be fitted. We were lucky to get a seat fitted before

she shipped to us. Here is the link to the panel pic Rear Pit

bill

She is very much together. These shots span the time she first arrived in Texas until

being back on her feet and completed. I thought some would appreciate the detail

and help folks understand what a 1 to 1 scale QF-4S kit looks like.

Thanks... I guess what I was wondering is, who originally tore the parts off and why? I shot it at the last show before the F-4s were taken away, and it's just kind of a shame to see it torn up.

Dave

http://www.thenorthspin.com

Thanks... I guess what I was wondering is, who originally tore the parts off and why? I shot it at the last show before the F-4s were taken away, and it's just kind of a shame to see it torn up.

Dave

http://www.thenorthspin.com

She was disassembled to ship to texas. In that process lots of parts come off to facilitate the

removal of the fuselage from the wings. In the transportation process we were lucky enough

to have both loads hit bridges on the way. One tore 18" off of the vertical fin, the other from

18" to 2 1/2' off of the wing trailing edges. So instead of just getting a do it yourself, we also

got a little BDR to go with it. It was no ones intention, just the way things worked out.

It acutally gave "us" good experence that we will need for our upcoming RF-8G, and A-7B

projects as one was damaged by a hurricane, the other has bridge damage from being moved

to museum we are getting it from, not us this time, at least yet...............................

Edited by Phantomologist
thanks Bill, so many pics that i missed those ones !

did you have an idea if the " normal" QF4 retained the classic pit ?

Pat

If you look at this picture you will see the lack of gunsight, radar scope, the addition of the system status lights and NOLO plug. Also look down at the dog bone as there are a number of different switches there as well. Those are the quickie changes.

bill

qf-4s_153821_07_03_of_35.jpg