A few shots from Arnold AFB in Tullahoma, TN

The wife and I were out and about visiting a friend of ours in Shelbyville, TN today, so on the way home I decided to stop off at Arnold AFB to get my jet fix and I took some pics of a few of the gate guards. I also drove around base and managed to spot a couple of F-22's taking off as well as a couple of Army UH-60's, but that was about all of the aerial excitement I got for the day.

Anyway, first up: "The Jolly Lion"

planes004.jpg

Next, an Eglin Test F-15C:

planes002.jpg

Finally, an NSAWC F-18A:

planes021.jpg

Edited by VF-103guy
What, no love for the Thud?

Waitaminute... F-22s taking off from Arnold AFB? I didn't know they ventured into this neighborhood.

Sorry man, I should have given some love to the Thud since they obviously re-painted it, but we were kinda in a hurry to get back home.

As for the 22's, I couldn't tell you as to why they were there. Maybe getting some gas?

Oh yeah. Thanks to CRASCA for helping me get the settings on my camera re-adjusted!

Edited by VF-103guy

Here's a few more.

Trying to get a good angle on the tomcat in the 12 o'clock high sun is difficult to say the least. There was another fotog out there who told me that shooting that tomcat is best done in the early moring or late afternoon hours.

planes001.jpg

planes007.jpg

planes005.jpg

Geez....I wonder why?? :D I'm missing my Tomcat stencils from my VF Decal order and just wanted to check in with you.

I still think that Tomcat looks wrong somehow..........I like the Eagle though....great photo.

My brian@vfdecals.com email account is still active.

And you're right..that tomcat doesn't look right at all.

Did you notice they put the TCS portion of the pod on the wrong side?

:doh: oops!

Brian,

Would you please contact me off-line?

I need to discuss my order for your VF-31 decal sheet.

I have been trying to reach you via email with no success.

I can be reached at youngones@insightbb.com

Thanks in advance,

Ron Young

Brian,

Would you please contact me off-line?

I need to discuss my order for your VF-31 decal sheet.

I have been trying to reach you via email with no success.

I can be reached at youngones@insightbb.com

Thanks in advance,

Ron Young

I've done so...3 times. Once last week and twice tonight.

Dude,

What about the F-4 and F-16 that sit there with the F-18?? I was just there a week ago and they have re-painted all of them.

Also, what's up with coming to Tn and not sayin "hello?"

Yeah, I saw they were painted and they looked great, but I was pressed for time and couldn't get all the pics I wanted. The wife wasn't feeling that great either, so we had to boogy out of there.

Plus, she and I were beat after the long weekend we'd had so our priority was to get home.

Very excellent pics. It's obvious you are mastering that shutter, and I agree no love for the Thud :thumbsup: .There are a lot of things wrong with both, Eagle and T'Cat, but to the untrained eye it's probably real cool. At least they kept the Cat's colors uniform. Imagine the JR fuse band with a wolfpack Rudder :D .

:coolio:

Someone in the paint shack didn't have his reference pic's handy! :doh:

Tom

Or that's another example of what you get when super hornet corrosion guys get a hold of a Tomcat. :P

Seriously, CRASCA has the scoop on what happened with that jet.

In my opinion it should have been left in its original markings considering its last markings were from a combat cruise..