Political posts and comments.

Hi guys,

Just a heads up. I'll be deleting any political comments or posts or threads. Real Aviation seems to be a magnet for this sort of stuff and I intend to bring it to an end. I will not be pro-western or anti-western......I plan to delete it all.

Also, there is a new member group that can do everything except post in Real Aviation. People unable to resist political posting will be sidelined to not being able to post in Real Aviation.

I hate the banning option and I think this new option shows much more promise. I know it's very hard to resist posting your political views, especially when someone else has already posted their obvious incorrect views that go 100% against what you believe is correct. Removing a members ability to post in Real Aviation will assist that member to avoid posting political opinions etc. And helping deranged people is my goal in life.

Please use the "Report" button if you see any comments or posts or threads with political views. The other obviously deranged lunatics on the other end of the political spectrum sure as heck don't want to hear your deranged rantings anymore than you want to hear their deranged rantings. Using the Report button makes more sense than posting your obviously deranged political point of view.

This is not a threat....just a heads up.

Steve B

ARC Owner

I agree. Keep it a safe place, and let everyone feel comfortable wherever he's coming from. We're here because we love something in common, so let's concentrate for that!

Keep on the good job Steve!

Greetings, neu <_<

www.deploymentproductions.com

I know it's very hard to resist posting your political views, especially when someone else has already posted their obvious incorrect views that go 100% against what you believe is correct. Removing a members ability to post in Real Aviation will assist that member to avoid posting political opinions etc. And helping deranged people is my goal in life.

Shoot. Now I have to go see if I can still post in RA...

I'm guessing that's the 'Level 2' members group?

Apropos of very little, but I noticed while perusing the member groups (yeah, I was looking to see if Waco was banned :D)... I find it pretty danged funny that there's someone with the name 'Voice of Reason' in the restricted members group. :D

Apropos of very little, but I noticed while perusing the member groups (yeah, I was looking to see if Waco was banned :D)... I find it pretty danged funny that there's someone with the name 'Voice of Reason' in the restricted members group. :D

LOL, I noticed that little bit of irony too, while I was persuing to see who was on the mystery list, and indeed trying to surmise what it was called :(

Apropos of very little, but I noticed while perusing the member groups (yeah, I was looking to see if Waco was banned ;))... I find it pretty danged funny that there's someone with the name 'Voice of Reason' in the restricted members group. :D

Well my goal has never been to punish people.....that's not my style. I always look for the most peaceful solution first. Banning is something I do not take lightly and I hate doing. Restricting a member from posting is something I take very seriously and would not use that option if at all possible. Although if push comes to shove I will deal with a problem member if I have to for the better good, but I hate having to do that.

Basically what I want to do is bring peace to the forums. So insults against other members due to their country or origin, culture etc will be deleted. Someone that keeps doing this repeatedly will have to be delt with. My hope that here is no need for me to do anything and for everyone to show each other common respect.

Treats others as you want to be treated.

As for the member 'Voice of Reason'....read his 3 posts and you'll quickly understand the situation.

Steve B

Is this going to be a brake on discussing current operations? I'm thinking nearly anything relating to the Israeli Air Force or even the vaunted Iranian 'Pocket Cobra' that surfaced last week?

Admittably the vortex of stupidity can form very quickly around certain subjects and I am glad to hear of the culling of rabid posts around here. I even got sucked into one last week on another site when I asked about someones 'facts' and noticed the posts were gone the next morning. I should have known better :cheers:

Matt

:coolio:

Well my goal has never been to punish people.....that's not my style. I always look for the most peaceful solution first. Banning is something I do not take lightly and I hate doing. Restricting a member from posting is something I take very seriously and would not use that option if at all possible. Although if push comes to shove I will deal with a problem member if I have to for the better good, but I hate having to do that.

Basically what I want to do is bring peace to the forums. So insults against other members due to their country or origin, culture etc will be deleted. Someone that keeps doing this repeatedly will have to be delt with. My hope that here is no need for me to do anything and for everyone to show each other common respect.

That's a very noble notion, but what about individuals whose intent and purpose is to cause discord by deliberately and repeatedly posting political diatribes?

Deleting posts is the first step, suspension is the next as is restricting them from certain forums such as RA, but those individuals will simply go to other boards. I fear that stating such a course of action as you have done here will have the opposite effect as it's intent. It will empower them as they now know that it will be much harder for them to be banned and they will continue to push the limits.

Over the past couple of years I've seen where some individuals repeatedly make disparaging and smarmy comments about a nation and/or members because of their nationality and yet they are still members. I've even seen some such members post for all to see, their open and direct defiance to the current rules on political topics as well as the mods.

Until the post-Britskrieg era, I thought that ARC was doing a good job of policing the boards and not showing favortism. There were a few who I'm sure would disagree, but these are in many cases the same individuals who have been known to start problems and fan the flames. These individuals have no problem pointing out that this is an international forum as a justification for airing their own grievances. And for good reason too. It's obvious that you want ARC to have an international membership and that is to be commended. But when someone from Kerplakistan gets in trouble with the mods, of course they're going to complain that there is a pro-American or anti-whatever bias because they know what buttons to push. You don't want to give the appearance of such a bias so the issue is let go. They have been positively rewarded for their actions and they're free to repeat the behavior again and again. Why should they follow the rules of the road then? And by continuing to tolerate their presence it gives many members the impression that ARC is, by way of proxy, endorsing them.

When I came here, RA was great. Sure, there were the expected plane vs. plane flame wars, but there were people in that forum who knew what they were talking about. There were pilots, active and retired in there who could give an insight that we couldn't get anywhere else. Many of those guys are gone now, fed up with trolls complaining about the mods not standing up to them because they contradicted something the trolls read online with real-world experience. But now the emphasis on ARC has shifted away from aircraft in favor of appeasement.

Edited by Trigger
That's a very noble notion, but what about individuals whose intent and purpose is to cause discord by deliberately and repeatedly posting political diatribes?

Deleting posts is the first step, suspension is the next as is restricting them from certain forums such as RA, but those individuals will simply go to other boards. I fear that stating such a course of action as you have done here will have the opposite effect as it's intent. It will empower them as they now know that it will be much harder for them to be banned and they will continue to push the limits.

Over the past couple of years I've seen where some individuals repeatedly make disparaging and smarmy comments about a nation and/or members because of their nationality and yet they are still members. I've even seen some such members post for all to see, their open and direct defiance to the current rules on political topics as well as the mods.

Until the post-Britskrieg era, I thought that ARC was doing a good job of policing the boards and not showing favortism. There were a few who I'm sure would disagree, but these are in many cases the same individuals who have been known to start problems and fan the flames. These individuals have no problem pointing out that this is an international forum as a justification for airing their own grievances. And for good reason too. It's obvious that you want ARC to have an international membership and that is to be commended. But when someone from Kerplakistan gets in trouble with the mods, of course they're going to complain that there is a pro-American or anti-whatever bias because they know what buttons to push. You don't want to give the appearance of such a bias so the issue is let go. They have been positively rewarded for their actions and they're free to repeat the behavior again and again. Why should they follow the rules of the road then? And by continuing to tolerate their presence it gives many members the impression that ARC is, by way of proxy, endorsing them.

When I came here, RA was great. Sure, there were the expected plane vs. plane flame wars, but there were people in that forum who knew what they were talking about. There were pilots, active and retired in there who could give an insight that we couldn't get anywhere else. Many of those guys are gone now, fed up with trolls complaining about the mods not standing up to them because they contradicted something the trolls read online with real-world experience. But now the emphasis on ARC has shifted away from aircraft in favor of appeasement.

You bourgeois human scum, you will be dealt a thousandfold retaliatory blow!

( :) )

Edit: (In case anyone missed this gem of a link)

Edited by Karl Sander

Sorry my eyes began glazing over.....was there a question somewhere in your post you wanted me to address or were you just using this thread and your post to insult the ARC mods? It takes a big man to admit mistakes......it takes a wise man to offer usable solutions that will work.......it takes much less of both of those to complain about others well intentioned efforts.

Steve B

Well my goal has never been to punish people.....that's not my style.

Yeah right! I bet you've got row upon row of ARC member voodoo dolls, sticking pins in them, holding them over candles, chanting curses to make them drop parts, get clue on canopies and have seams mysteriously re-appear. :worship:

As for the member 'Voice of Reason'....read his 3 posts and you'll quickly understand the situation.

Absolutely, it's just funny to see someone with THAT username get binned. Ironic. Guess he wasn't the voice of reason after all! :worship:

Sorry my eyes began glazing over.....was there a question somewhere in your post you wanted me to address or were you just using this thread and your post to insult the ARC mods? It takes a big man to admit mistakes......it takes a wise man to offer usable solutions that will work.......it takes much less of both of those to complain about others well intentioned efforts.

Steve B

Hey Steve, no offense, but I didn't see any insult there. Criticism maybe, but no insult. Seemed pretty straightforward and intelligently written.

Jon

Steve B

First of all, I've gone on the record many times in support of mods, past and present. You've seen that and I don't appreciate the suggestion otherwise. Secondly, I'm pointing out a problem instead of skirting the issue. I'm direct, yes, but I'm also not going to lie or sugarcoat. I do understand why you've used the language you've been using to this point, but I disagree with the timing. I thought that if I put my observations on the table, it would provide a basis for my reasoning. Unfortunately this isn't something that could be accomplished in a two sentence statement and emoticon. Third, I have offered up potential solutions before when this topic was being discussed. Was my solution the best one? That's the dialog I was hoping to open up here today. Maybe through that dialog either you, me, or someone else would come up with a new approach (to build a better mousetrap as it were), someone would say "hey, so-and-so's got a good idea there." Was I asking a specific, direct question? No, because again, I was trying to open this forum for an frank discussion of the topic. Was I honest? Yes. Was what I said critical? No doubt. Was I civil about it? Abrasive, but yes, civil. I didn't say those things to hurt anyone's feelings, nor did I make those comments to be a cheap shot or to have a go at ARC.

Nothing is perfect. Not you, not ARC and certainly not I. But despite it's flaws, I still like ARC. I like the community here, I like what the members have to offer. I like that if I have a question about the English Electric Lightning, or the MV-22B, I can get an answer pretty quick. And, I've made some good friends here I would not have otherwise been able to. I think ARC has got some great potential. But despite all that is working for it, I refuse to turn a blind eye to a problem because it's unpleasant to discuss. If someone gets sick, they can't wish away the disease; the source of the illness has to be addressed. If I didn't like ARC, I wouldn't come here and if I didn't care about what was going on here, I would have never participated in this thread.

We agree that there's a problem and I would welcome discussing this further as it appears we have different methods to approach the problem. We can discuss it here or via PM, whichever way you prefer. Or, you can simply reply with "Objection noted" and as far as I'm concerned, that'll be it. You're paying the bills, it's your site and it's your prerogative.

I hope the rest of your day goes well and I wish you the best regards.

Now I'm off to the TPC to see if Will needs any more help remembering that bar fight...