CH-53 Echo refuel

Wow, tough rotor blades...I would think that sort of thing would be bad news for them. I never would have thought that the retractable refueling probe was that flexible!!! But I guess when you subject thin metal to that kind of violent force (i.e. turbulence) it would be...just look out at the wings next time you take a commercial flight!

Wow, tough rotor blades...I would think that sort of thing would be bad news for them. I never would have thought that the retractable refueling probe was that flexible!!! But I guess when you subject thin metal to that kind of violent force (i.e. turbulence) it would be...just look out at the wings next time you take a commercial flight!

Combination of the probe being so flexible when extended and the blades flexing down when the pilot twizzled the cyclic. I don't think there was any turbulence involved.

In a helo you have to be real careful not to yo-yo the cyclic fore and aft like that. You could end up cutting off your tail boom as well. Boom strikes at altitude are no fun and can really ruin your day.

Jeff