Low Level Paveway II's ?

Now I don't have a scanner to get the back cover of the Squadron A-4 Walkaround book but the painting is of an Israeli A-4N with 4 what appear to be 1000lb Paveway LGBs but the tail fins look differant from what is normally considered a standard paveway tail section. the fins seem to be much larger and greater in span than the run of the mill LGBs.

The Academy 48th F-15E came with two of these style bombs in it and I have seen pics of Israeli birds carrying them.

If anyone can figure out what I am talking about :worship: are these special IDF bombs or are they LGBs designed for low level useage as I don' think I have seen anything like them since ODS and the move to mid level

Well look what I dredged up Lou Drendels own artwork for the IDF Scooter

http://www.aviation-art.net/Foreign/iaf%20a4n.jpg

These are the LGBs I was talking about!

TIA

Matt

Those are Paveway I LGBs. The wings are fixed, solid units on that design rather than the pop-out design used for the PWII and PWIII versions. Old bombs, Vietnam War vintage for the design, not in use anymore as far as I know.

Those are probably 500 lb GBU-12 bombs, I'm not sure if there was ever a PWI version of the GBU-16.