Coningsby Typhoons 27.9.07

Hi,

During a discussion on the Typhoon thread in the jet forum I said I'd try and get some more upto date pics this week while on holiday. Well, the weather hasn't exactly helped but did get a few today inbetween heavy showers. Even nearly got one infront of a rainbow - why did he have to overshoot high?! That'll be why some of the colours are rather unusual!

IMG_9440.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_9461.jpg

ZJ933/DF is one of the very latest jets to be delivered and is one of the block 5 airframes with the PIRATE infra-red sensor turret on the left side of the nose. It's fitted with the two outboard pylons, mid-station with the tanks and isn't fitted - as is customary to date - with the inboard wing pylon. This appears to be the standard training fit for the more recent jets that were delivered with wing tanks rather than the centreline

only.

IMG_4662.jpg

Strange this one is peeling off, as it's one of the newer deliverys.

IMG_9535.jpg

IMG_9550.jpg

Fairly quiet as many are away at Fairford. Given the weather, the other pics aren't worth showing.

Gary

Edited by gary1701

Real nice pics, thank you, Gary.

Couple of gripes with The RAF, however. It has taken me years to perfect the method to take the shine off my decals and now The RAF is applying sooper-shiney decals, and hasn`t #3 Squadron heard of applying Decalfix before lashing their model in thick varnish with a shovel like what I do, has the whole world gone mad, MAD MAD I SAY???!!! :blink: :thumbsup: :P

Seriously though, great pics. Good to see more and more Typhoons buzzing about

Cheers, Ian

Thanks for the kind comments guys. 'DF' is quite clean as it's brand new and only just been delivered. I photographed 'QO-A' of 3 Sqn just under two months ago (not long after delivery) and the markings were fine then - maybe it was a defective decal? Mind you, at least these one's were put on the right way round - something 3 Sqn haven't exactly got right on other jets!

IMG_8036.jpg

See the fin decal on 'QO-Y', and then compare it too the other jet? Apparently they were rather embarrased at the time and I guessed it would be corrected sometime but it's been like that for over a year now. I gather there is/was another airframe as well.

Gary