Hi Guys

I'm going to be quick off the mark here as I wanted to build the X1 for the 60th anniversary of the first Mach 1 flight on the 14th October. I also decided to keep it in the group build for fun and because I've been too busy with work and moving house etc over the summer to start it before now anyway. Here in China the first week of October is a national holiday for the moon festival so I have a week off work whether I want one or not. So with one week free, references lined up and a kit with only 40 parts inc PE and resin, I'm off.

At the speed of sound.

Colin W

Hi

Its the Eduard Profipack Machbuster issue.

Proper scale of course. There is a small PE fret, resin wheels and cockpit bits as we as 3 printed instrument panels for different ages of the plane.

I put most of the cockpit together last night and gave it a squirt of green this morning before breakfast.

Colin W

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Here is the finished article. X-1 number 1, Glamourous Glenis, built in 8 days straight from the box. The kit went together very easily and needed no filler. I sanded the canopy flush and made the framing from decal film to try and get it as smooth and fine as I could. Hardest part was getting the Orange paint to be the right shade.

Hope you like it.

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Colin W

Edited by Colin W

Technically the answer is Mr Colour Character Yellow and Red Madder plus a bit of white. In reality I kept mixing until it dried out the right shade. There is a big difference depending on the base coat and I found that it needed to go over white to give it a shine. I used the images on the book "Chuck Yeager and the X-1" for the match.

Glad you liked it.

PS I added 10g of weight behind the cockpit and thats more than enough.

Colin W