188th FW Fort Smith Hawg A-10

Here is my 1/48th Italeri A-10 with 188th FW, Fort Smith Arkansas ANG markings. It was modeled after 78-613 on Warthog days back in April when the A-10’s were given to the 188th. I added some weapons for looks. The engines intakes are from Erik Mark, they are awesome (you can find his stuff on ebay). Superscalar decals were used. Thanks again to Norris Graser who did them! The decal was made for the Monogram kit so it had to be worked around a little to fit the Italeri kit, next time I will try the decals on a Hobby Boss A-10. The Italeri kit was ok lots of fit problems and sanding. But overall I think it came out pretty good.

fortsmitha-10model9.jpg

fortsmitha-10model4.jpg

fortsmitha-10model34.jpg

fortsmitha-10model22.jpg

fortsmitha-10model43.jpg

fortsmitha-10model49.jpg

fortsmitha-10model39.jpg

Outstanding build Arky :deadhorse1: The decals are excellent. The Razor back and the Hawg are the perfect match. I want to build another A 10 and will most likely get the Hobby Boss. I want to do the Euro lizard scheme.

Nice work on the Hog!!! Although a little hard to see 613 in the 188th colors :huh:

613 was flown by my niece's husband when it was at the 103rd FW, it saw quite a lot of action while on deployment...a solid aircraft :cheers:

Deployment Productions has done an excellent profile on 613 as well, while in 103rd colors.

You did a excellent job Ark, thanks for sharing!

Mike

Ok here are a few more. I went back out and shot with more light but now with shadows,. Oh well. Thanks for all the nice comments. The HUD is covered with eradescent rapping paper that I found at Wally World, got that idea from someone else, it does work pretty good if you can get it to smooth out.

DCP_3818.jpg

DCP_3817.jpg

DCP_3816.jpg

DCP_3815.jpg

DCP_3814.jpg