Vipers get a big one in Iraq!

Hey Guys,

A called in air strike by F-16Cs took out Abu Usama al-Tunisi in Iraq. He is one of the lead terrorist in that country. He was in charge of bringing murders and terrorist in from other counties to kill IDF and our troops in country. Let's hear it for the Viper pilot that nailed him. Very little details on the news for obvious reasons, but his a** is no more.

Chuck

You guys are 100% right about the intell, boots on the ground, wrench turners, bomb loaders, fuelers, weather guys, ARFers, and even the Iraqis that ratted the scum out. It's a team effort. I never meant not to salute those guys! Chalk up one for the good team.

Chuck

Hey Guys,

A called in air strike by F-16Cs took out Abu Usama al-Tunisi in Iraq. He is one of the lead terrorist in that country. He was in charge of bringing murders and terrorist in from other counties to kill IDF and our troops in country. Let's hear it for the Viper pilot that nailed him. Very little details on the news for obvious reasons, but his a** is no more.

Chuck

Ah, the end game getting the credit. The "quiet professionals" are the ones doing all the work. Surprised the F-16's could play between their horribly small playtime between tanker hits.

Now back to the South Florida game.

Atis

Wonder which squadron took him out! I know the Misawa squadron is being relieved by Spang so it will be interesting what squadron compositions will be at Balad this coming month. Looks like a successful deployment by Misawa's 14 and 13 Fighter squadron being the first Block 50s based in Iraq. Although they did lose one jet but otherwise cudos to all the guys on the ground and in the air there. It's back to northern Japan for those guys soon.

Ah, the end game getting the credit. The "quiet professionals" are the ones doing all the work. Surprised the F-16's could play between their horribly small playtime between tanker hits.

Now back to the South Florida game.

Atis

Wow. I guess my year of pilot training, 3 months of lift, 6 months of F-16 RTU, 50 hours of combat flying and 12 years as a fighter pilot on the tip of the spear dont add up to much for you.

No one here is suggesting BOTOT isn't a team effort; but someone has got to deliver the goods.

As far as the Vipers loiter time is concerned-well lets just say as someone who's actually been there, I can affirm you are misinformed.

Go watch your football game.

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann
Wow. I guess my year of pilot training, 3 months of lift, 6 months of F-16 RTU, 50 hours of combat flying and 12 years as a fighter pilot on the tip of the spear dont add up to much for you.

No one here is suggesting BOTOT isn't a team effort; but someone has got to deliver the goods.

As far as the Vipers loiter time is concerned-well lets just say as someone who's actually been there, I can affirm you are misinformed.

Go watch your football game.

Pig

I can attest to exactly what happened here and over the last two years. As one of the folks in the air, boots on deck, behind the door and on the radio that these guys are talking too....I am very "aware" as to what the game is.

I have the flight time, the BS, the 9 air medals (1,000+ hours of green ink, combat time I think the USAF calls it) and such just like you.... and I can attest to the lack of station time of an F-16 compared to the other assest in theater....very very first hand. Station time is a bigger factor with a F-16 even with a Yo Yo option. We were glad when the A-10's came back...plus the darn F-16's takeoffs kept waking us up in the compound all the time (although some of my counterparts had afterburner envy).

They won

Cheers

Atis

Holy C***,

I'm sorry guys. I just wanted to relate a story of a F-16 strike that took out an Islamic murdering thug. I never meant for this to sink into who was responsible. Everybody here that is familiar with military air, knows it's a team effort anytime a jet takes off, air refuels, gets target info, drops a bomb, bomb blows up, jet flies home and lands, it is combination of hundreds of guys and gals doing everything right! All I wanted to say was the good guys sent a scum Islamic terrorist to h***.

Sorry,

Chuck

I can attest to exactly what happened here and over the last two years. As one of the folks in the air, boots on deck, behind the door and on the radio that these guys are talking too....I am very "aware" as to what the game is.

I have the flight time, the BS, the 9 air medals (1,000+ hours of green ink, combat time I think the USAF calls it) and such just like you.... and I can attest to the lack of station time of an F-16 compared to the other assest in theater....very very first hand. Station time is a bigger factor with a F-16 even with a Yo Yo option. We were glad when the A-10's came back...plus the darn F-16's takeoffs kept waking us up in the compound all the time (although some of my counterparts had afterburner envy).

They won

Cheers

Atis

I know you've been there, done that. Sounds like you know as much about the F-16 as I do about the S-3. If you would like to bust out the F-16-1-1, and have an intelligent discussion with me about the F-16's specific performance parameters; absent sweeping generalizations, assumptions, hunches, and hearsay, I'd be happy to oblige you off board.

Regards,

Pig

Edited by Pete "Pig" Fleischmann

The correct term is "self loading bagage"....for all of us NFO/WSO types. My bad for making the off-color F-16 comment, it was based off of my experience using the platform in country and not directed at the community as a whole.

In the end you are correct... it's a team effort.

Cheers

Atis

Edited by Collin
If you look at the airpower summary thats sent out each day by US CENTCOM - it is a team effort... not just F-16s... but A-10s, B-1s, and Navy F-18s along with British Jets...

Like football teams we all have our favorite jets...

We avoided paperwork where we were.

Lets not forget the good old US Army, they have more things that fly above the ground than any one service (can't swing a dead cat over there without having them somewhere in the picture). Those guys are working their tails off.

Kisses all

Atis

Edited by Collin
I know you've been there, done that. Sounds like you know as much about the F-16 as I do about the S-3. If you would like to bust out the F-16-1-1, and have an intelligent discussion with me about the F-16's specific performance parameters; absent sweeping generalizations, assumptions, hunches, and hearsay, I'd be happy to oblige you off board.

Pig-

But that would take away my ability to poke fun at the single tailed mafia! If I can't use sweeping generalizations, I'd have to back it up with actual performance!

Woe is me...

-Waco

Pig-

But that would take away my ability to poke fun at the single tailed mafia! If I can't use sweeping generalizations, I'd have to back it up with actual performance!

Woe is me...

-Waco

Waco, my friend, aren't you tired of clubbing baby seals yet? Remeber, I'm always here if you want to talk.

Pig