Revellogram's Blue Angel F/A-18

Due to the gold band on my left hand, I am a "Budget Modeler". As such, the Hasegawa kits are typically out of my range.

I want to build a F/A-18C and have been considering picking up Revellogram's Blue Angels Hornet.

I have done some searches here but didn't come up with alot.....Aside from the armament, how much is needed to convert this kit to a fleet bird?

Due to the gold band on my left hand, I am a "Budget Modeler". As such, the Hasegawa kits are typically out of my range.

I want to build a F/A-18C and have been considering picking up Revellogram's Blue Angels Hornet.

I have done some searches here but didn't come up with alot.....Aside from the armament, how much is needed to convert this kit to a fleet bird?

Check out what Cyrus Tan's F/A-18A he did and showed at the Nats looks like...

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....mp;hl=Cyrus+Tan

Nothing wrong with using A Monogram Legacy Hornet Kit, it builds into a good representation of a Hornet.

Good luck

Cheers,

Larry.

Hi Paul,

I built this kit about 10 years ago. It is the same mold as the other F/A-18s they made then, but it is molded in DARK BLUE. If that isn't a problem, I remember it bieng a decent kit. The weapons are 2 Aim-9, 2 Aim-7(but I might have taken them from a Tomcat), and 4 Mk-82(I think they're 82s). The Sidewinders mount to the wingtips, and the bombs on 4 underwing pylons. Hope this helps you out.

-Chris

As indicated above, Monogram did several F/A-18 kits. If you can find it on Ebay, it might be worth your getting their "A-18" boxing (Not my listing, just chosen as an example). This comes with a set of targeting pods used for precision guided munitions. Hornet experten here can no doubt fill in the details about these pods, but this should offer you a wider variety of armament options for fleet birds. Neither of my copies are easily accessible right now, but if I recall, the kit also comes with some vaguely Paveway LGB munitions as well

Also, if you have not already done so, consult Roger Jackson's article on Modeling Madness.

Edited by Fishwelding
I don't think I've ever seen any of the demo teams jets, Thunderbirds or Blue Angels, ever fly with gas tanks or stores, even when traveling.

They frequently carry a travel pod... I have pics but my website seems to be down at the moment :)

Why did they do the launch from the HST? Any particular reason?

Because. earlier he had trapped aboard the HST ... B) :coolio:

It was most likely an "opportunity" situation, HST was probably in the area for VT Trainers and Boss took the opportunity ... That's my guess anyway ...

Gregg

I've built 3 in the past year, two of which were the Blue Angels molding. Not a bad kit at all. With a little work it cleans up very nicely. I would recommend the MAW Resin nose for it if you want to do a late model A+ or C with the bird slicers on the nose. The only real issue I had was the fit of the chaff/flare buckets, which were pretty beastly. They faired in pretty well with some bondo though.

I even dropped the flaps on them! (ducking for cover)

Jon