Well, its hard to believe 6 months have come and gone already, but there it is, the Eastern Front GB is over. Thank you to everyone who participated and made this GB a lot of fun! There were a bunch of great builds and alot of subjects that you dont see very often in our hobby. The raffle drawing will take place soon, but I want to make sure I have a full list of everyone who completed a build first, so no one gets left out. Again, thanks to everyone and I will see you all over at the Med/NA GB!

I'll add my own congrats to the participants and the moderators for offering this one. I have gained a new found appreciation for the aircraft on the Eastern front which participated in both sides of the conflict. Admittedly, I do like the proliferation of Soviet aircraft in this one, although some of the Axis aircraft showed some real creativity and color in terms of the schemes used by the Italians and the Bulgarians. In my own case, it got me to knuckle down and build a model of a plane type which I hadn't touched in many years (although it is one of my favorites) and do it in a colorscheme I would have passed on before. There will be others after this as my collection of Soviet planes now includes kits of the MiG-3, LaGG-3, La-7 and a couple additional Kobras I've earmarked for Soviet red stars (one of them the Special Hobby 1/32 offering).

BTW, I also would like to put in a (shameless) plug for another GB that just started as I am helping to co-moderate the Realspace Group Build for the next six months. Don't forget that the Soviets "inwented" space travel afterall. Plus a few early Cosmonauts were also WW2 vets (one I believe was a Sturmovik pilot). Come one, come all! Or at least stop by to visit and see what some of us are doing there.