BAF F-16 in the famous 1991 scheme

Ok guys just bringing you guys up to speed here as I've been building on this one for a long time on and off. Some of you may recognise this one from other forums as well this Gb here just gives me another push to the finisch line I hope ..... I've started this kit a few months back and I still need to paint up the first thing I've build so I hope its ok with you guys ..... :doh:

anyway we are talking about this one here

post-1504-1172092525.jpg

using the academy kit means that you need to replace a lot in order to get to the right block standard.

first things first, the tail got its extention with the help of the PMWP set

post-1504-1176412027.jpg

only thing you need to pay atention though is that the extended tail has a shorter tail base then a C variant so this means putty is needed to close up some location pin gaps ect ....

the the gun nozzle was changed using a spare hasegawa part

post-1504-1179697001.jpg

then I made some new wing tip launchers as the acamey kit doesn't have the right ones

PICT0211.jpg

then I added detail to the gear bays

post-1504-1183582344.jpg

post-1504-1184101738.jpg

post-1504-1184270316.jpg

then I started to work on the cockpit as I need to replace it because I need an early A pit instead of the C pit OOB. the old BB set doesn't fit as its Ip coaming is far to wide so i gold hold of an tamiya one and it fitted verry well.

post-1504-1183410439.jpg

details on the rear deck

and here's where the cockpit is to date

post-1504-1190116375.jpg

this is all scratch except for the the lower side panels below the IP as these were used from the tamiya kit. Also the bezels and such on the new made IP came form the academy kit .

post-1504-1190115585.jpg

post-1504-1190115524.jpg

voila that's all for now

right I'm in sanding hell doing the intake this is a tough job and its taking me ages but I need to fonisch before I can finaly start a painting session ...... :doh:

untill the next update wich probaly isn't going to be this big :doh:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 3 weeks later...

yes finaly the intake is done :thumbsup:

post-1504-1192999318.jpg

this piece is a sanding nightmare to get rid of the seams. Why they make this part in four pieces is beyond me. The center seam was the most difficult one I had to get rid of the ones running along the sides where more fogoving but the center one kept on showing through :-\

anyway while the paint is drying on this one I started to sork on the nose gear

post-1504-1192999602.jpg

need to add all the wires and such

untill the next update

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 1 month later...

thanx guys well time for yet another update :worship:

I just finisched one of the main gear legs I'm hoping that my crappy pics give you guys an idea

of what I'm trying to make here

PICT265.jpg

I used academy parts together with hasegawa parts, they match up great and without to much trouble

I still need to add the landing light and the wiring for it but I'm still thinking on a way to make it...

any way some more pics

PICT0270.jpg

PICT0271.jpg

last one

PICT0268.jpg

anyway I'm off again to make the other one now I'm hoping I can finisch that one this week

with the weather forcast this week I'm hoping that won't be too much trouble :evil_laugh:

Oh if anyone here has more intell on how the nose gear retracts please let me know as to date I found nothing that realy helps me out here

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 1 month later...

Hi guys well I gues its time for yet another update mates

the main gears are build and now I'm working on the nose gear I might make it tonight but I'm not promising anything yet :doh:

anyway here are a few pics

I know there **** but for now this is all I can do as I'm working on a new model room :o

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

this is the angle of the wheels I found some pics and it come pretty close so i'll just leave it as is

DSC_0007.jpg

now on to the nose gear I guess

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 3 weeks later...

It looks nice, but it really freaks me out. I mean, what if the alien ray that gives you the skills to do this (the only logical explanation) is in fact draining the skills from the rest of us?!

:thumbsup: :)