F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

no i was not aware of it that horrible. I read an article that looked official to me well i guess someone want out of there way for that one. :woot.gif: Well anyway look at all those phantoms that are still around thats alot of them.

Keeping up with some more of my old school stuff (old school for me at least) I posted a few of these in another thread but thought they'd look good here too.

VF-24 from the A-A+ transition in 89.

F-14A+

renegadespics006x.jpg

F-14A+

renegadespics201kneelingx.jpg

F-14A

This jet was really weathered. Of note are the false walkways painted under the intake lip

renegadespics006212x.jpg

And next to it, and I think a far superior trainer! The Buckeye can kick the snot out of the tweet with or without Chuck Norris!

T-2CBuckeyeAMARG5_18.jpg

I don't know man. Based on that pic, it looks like that Buckeye just **** itself

Well anyway look at all those phantoms that are still around thats alot of them.

A lot of nations still use the Phantom as opposed to only one, nonfriendly, user of the Tomcat.

I'm also kinda surprised they're destroying them so rapidly, including the war reserve jets. I thought most of the Bs and Ds would be preserved for a while. Even the VF-143 B model is being stripped in a picture. So, are even the D models being scrapped?

Cool VF-24 pictures do you have any of a high viz . Now if we only had some of those in decals :woot.gif:

VF-24 didn't have a high viz jet until 93ish when they went back to A's. Then they did the gull gray with black tails. Superscale and Repliscale both did that jet (admittedly not 100% accurate tho). 159631 is still in that paint scheme at Gillespie field. Interestingly 159631 was one of VF-24's original As from back in the 70s (201) and was also covered by Superscale way back. That jet came full circle!

The CAG and CO jets were the same as the line jets during the A+ years.

VF-24F-14B2001stbombdrop.jpg

I'm also kinda surprised they're destroying them so rapidly, including the war reserve jets. I thought most of the Bs and Ds would be preserved for a while. Even the VF-143 B model is being stripped in a picture. So, are even the D models being scrapped?

Yep, everything is being scrapped except the 2 on celebrity row, the VF-32 Mig Killer and I believe another jet or two being held for a museum. And I can't even begin to express how much I think this sucks!

-brian

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals
And the dozen or so War Reserve birds sittin out in the 'Yard IIRC.

Nope - ALL (see above posts)

Are they destroying all the F-14's. What is going on here?

Brian what squadron is that one with the false canopy from? Do you have more shots of it?

Jim - look at the last 2 pages of the Tomcat thread...

-brian

Those false canopies are pretty cool. Very effective too! I've got an inflight shot of 212 with the canopy and walkways and it's banking away but unless you look really closely, it actually looks like it's breaking in.

-brian

share please

If I could find the darned thing I would! Last summer scanned 2500 shots and it wasn't in there...still looking...

Dave - thanks for posting 101! I was hoping that you would and I didn't want to post your pictures. We tried to fit that on a sheet, but no dice so far...

-brian