F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

Here's F-14B 163217 right out of the paint barn. I posted this in jet modeling, but wanted to post here as well.

Photo taken March 12th 2003 with a Cannon Elf Advantic camera, and is a scan of a 5x7 print.

A couple of interesting points about this jet are:

1. First VF-103 F-14B to have rec'd the Sparrow/Hawk HUD

2. First use of the USS John F Kennedy logos

3. The very noticeable demarcation lines between the 3 greys

brianmarbreyoneweb.jpg

Hi Gyus

This thread is right place to share with You a sample of triple Tomcat poster. I composed it using my photos taken at Tomcat Sunset. It is still alive in my memory… For me, and my two Buddys from TOMCATSKY Group it was a mystical experience.

I’m going to hang up on wall in my living-room. I hope You like it.

AIR-TOMCAT_poster.jpg

And yes, the moon is pasted by PS :rolleyes:

It was a great time, but that was absolutely the lamest "last flight" ever! I was on the roof of VFA-11's hangar and one guy turned to the other and said, "That was @#$!@% it? You've got to be @$%@ me! I guess the pilot of the final flight wanted to keep his Navy career intact!

It was a great time, but that was absolutely the lamest "last flight" ever! I was on the roof of VFA-11's hangar and one guy turned to the other and said, "That was @#$!@% it? You've got to be @$%@ me! I guess the pilot of the final flight wanted to keep his Navy career intact!

I've heard from those who were at the monument dedication the day before that two jets almost had a midair during the ceremony so they decided to keep the "last flight" low-key. Wasn't there for that, myself. Of course, that wasn't the real last flight...that took place on October 3rd, 2006. Sure that's been said a thousand times by now, though. At least they used the burners for that departure.

922536582_469d7a39e7_b.jpg

922537058_9189e98590_b.jpg

Edited by J.Stone

@#$!@% You must have been standing right next to me. The lame pass was a result of the near air-to-air collision the day before.

I could be wrong but I think the final departure took place on 4 October

Brain fart. All my RAW files and my Flickr gallery have a date stamp of October 3rd. Must have seen the 6 in 2006 and thought it was the date. Weird.

Didn't think to write them down back in the day. The few I can make out in the pics appear to be 158624, 158633, 158628 and 158635.

Tony

Thanks Tony , this must be before they got refurbished to block 140 Tomcats prior for delivery to VF-201 and/or VF-202 .........

Cheers , Henk

• 5 weeks later...

Just got back from Vacation and went to the PIMA Air Museum and AMARG in Tucson, AZ. Also saw an F-14D at the Air Park in Palmdale, CA. It was a little heart renching for a Tomcat fan like me. I saw 2 Tomcats on the AMARG 'Celebrity Row' and a F-14D from the Black Lions off in the distance (I think it is destined for a museum somewhere, but the bus tour guy didn't know which one). Then there were about 8 Toms left awaiting destruction. They are a little far away (I zoomed one image 'cut and paste' so hopefully you could see better). If you want more than what I link here, please let me know. My zoom wasn't the best, but hope you all like the stuff. FYI, the one with no nosecone is in the PIMA museum and was getting repainted. They said that when their hanger expansion is completed, they are going to move it inside and have it 'posed' as if about to launch. They have the mannequins and everything already. A good reason to go back by my book.

So image heavy...

PIMA F-14A

DSC_0566.jpg

PIMA F-14A

DSC_0565.jpg

AMARG F-14D VF-31

DSC_0753.jpg

AMARG Black Lions F-14

DSC_0769.jpg

AMARG F-14A VF-154

DSC_0787.jpg

Remaining F-14s at AMARG - Awaiting Disposal :thumbsup:

DSC_0842.jpg

Close Up

F-14skeftatAMARG.jpg

so dose any body know in these picture what f-14's are left? like what squadron or if you really good what buro numbers?

Well. the one on the left is the last VF-32 show bird F-14B 162691. Decals are avalible from Two Bobs.

Then I see a VF-211

VF-11

Vf-211

On the right they are rather hard to tell. The paint is worn off the last tail but it looks like the long gone VF-33 Star on that one.

Next two are not readable from that photo and the closest on the right is VF-32 again.

Edited by phantom

Hi Guys,

Another one from AMARG (of the to be disposed). Hopefully the angle helps. I have tried to cut and zoom to see if this helps...

RightsidecloseupF-14s.jpg

On my big screen, the 3rd Tom above looks like it might be a Bones bird.

Left side...LeftsideF-14szoom.jpg

Then here is a D from the Air Park at Palmdale, CA. It's done up in the Felix job...

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

Edited by IrishGreek