F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi does any one on here know if VF-74 aggressor tomcats went on their final cruise painted as aggressors on normal tps paint thanks.

VF-74 final tomcat cruise jets were TPS. They did not assume the adversarry role until after they had returned, and CVW-17 had been reduced to 1 tomcat squadron.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I was looking through my Tomcat book when I came across a picture of a VF-31 F-14 in water-based dark grey camo:

P10001171024x576.jpg

The book doesn't give any specific details except that this was at some point in 1995. I couldn't find anything about this machine on Google, so I was wondering if anyone might know something about it?

Edited by White Wolf
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a great thread guys, keep it going!

I'm surprised I haven't seen more pictures of this from Oceana 2006. I tried looking it up and I have hardly been able to find any pics at all.

IMG_61262.JPG

I got my first DSLR and decent lens right around the time of the Oceana airshow in 2006 and unfortunately my lack of experience showed. I bought a polarizing filter thinking it would help reduce glare and help make the sky look bluer. (Virginia skies in the summer time can get notoriously muggy, and they did.) Long story short, the filter made my pics darker and ultimately washed out my colors. Not bitter about that, at all. I only used the filter on one day of shooting so not all was lost but I only captured this event with four Tomcats kneeling in front of the crowd on the last day. :(

Anyone have any better pics of this?

Edited by firefighterpilot1
  • 2 months later...

This is a great thread guys, keep it going!

I'm surprised I haven't seen more pictures of this from Oceana 2006. I tried looking it up and I have hardly been able to find any pics at all.

IMG_61262.JPG

I got my first DSLR and decent lens right around the time of the Oceana airshow in 2006 and unfortunately my lack of experience showed. I bought a polarizing filter thinking it would help reduce glare and help make the sky look bluer. (Virginia skies in the summer time can get notoriously muggy, and they did.) Long story short, the filter made my pics darker and ultimately washed out my colors. Not bitter about that, at all. I only used the filter on one day of shooting so not all was lost but I only captured this event with four Tomcats kneeling in front of the crowd on the last day. :(/>

Anyone have any better pics of this?

I like...no, I LOVE your photo..MY FAVORITE. Jet..thank you. :wub:

I'm wondering if the tomcats could lower the nose on demand to attached to the catapult as shown in this picture?

The tomcat nose gear oleo extends to 18 inches during normal static conditions. The pilot has the ability to 'kneel' the nose gear so that only 4 inches of oleo travel remains. This lowers the nose 14 inches. The switch is located on the landing gear panel - left side of forward cockpit - and has 3 positions: Extend, OFF, and Kneel. Once the aircraft is kneeled, the launch bar can be lowered by the pilot by manipulating the nose steering greater than +-10 degrees or manually by deck crew.